New Inear Prophile-8
Dec 6, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #182 of 786
Very nice review, well written. I would have liked to see a picture of the whole package, like what you get when you open up your box that cost 1300€ :) Also maybe one more comparison with a well established iem, like andromeda or zeus.

Other than that, well done :beerchug:

I could make a picture at home. Right now i only have a (not so good) "snapshot" which i made yesterday. But if you are interested, i can do it.

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #184 of 786
Regarding Vega vs. PP8: after trying to befriend the Vega and repeatedly falling back to the Oriolus I can only second what @james444 said earlier, though to me the Vega sounds better (avoiding the slightly harsh tendencies) when using foam tips. Still I would characterize the PP8 as more refined and more able to give me long time joy while the Vega is overall a bit too aggressive to me (not only in treble, but also in bass).

Dec 10, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #185 of 786
Regarding Vega vs. PP8: after trying to befriend the Vega and repeatedly falling back to the Oriolus I can only second what @james444 said earlier, though to me the Vega sounds better (avoiding the slightly harsh tendencies) when using foam tips. Still I would characterize the PP8 as more refined and more able to give me long time joy while the Vega is overall a bit too aggressive to me (not only in treble, but also in bass).

Thanks for your comparison. How about the differences between Oriolus and PP8? I guess PP8´s soundstage is bigger and with better treble extension than Oriolus?

Dec 18, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #189 of 786
Is this headphone the answer for someone that wants a little bit more forgiving headphone than the Shure, but still has the openess and detail, but allows a more portable use no extra amp to carry?

Dec 18, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #191 of 786
If I'm not mistaken Mimouille owns both of them. Maybe he can write a short comparison ...
I haven't compared side by side, but they are for different use. I never carry the KSE1500 on the go. Otherwise the KSE1500 is a bit less neutral, is faster and has more clarity I would say. The Prophile-8 has a larger soundstage. Overall the transparency of the KSE1500 can't be beaten by any BA.

Dec 18, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #193 of 786
So the kse is a little warmer. If so I wouldn't be interested in the other one. I have the Angie's and they are warmer and darker than the shure's.

I didn't say the KSE is warmer, it is a bit less neutral, mostly due to having more punch in the bass. But the overall tonality of the KSE sounds quite neutral to me. Highs are smoother on the P8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back