New Inear Prophile-8
Apr 23, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #721 of 786
Btw in regards to the PP8 is it sensitive to cable swaps? Its the one downfall of the E70 I find. Change the cable to 3rd party ones and instantly the E70 sounds different in a bad way.

I had heard that it was and one shouldn't stray from the original cable. I wanted balanced. I got a silver/copper mix which I demoed before buying and it did not change the signature. I'd definitely recommend demo-ing before changing cables but it's possible to find a good match which will not impact the signature.

Apr 23, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #722 of 786
I had heard that it was and one shouldn't stray from the original cable. I wanted balanced. I got a silver/copper mix which I demoed before buying and it did not change the signature. I'd definitely recommend demo-ing before changing cables but it's possible to find a good match which will not impact the signature.
Honestly if im instantly wowed by by the headphone i kind of have apprihention since all the headphones that i have liked and bought have a more or less natural and more mellow sound. If something jumps out it usually means that that part is hyped at the expense of other parts of the spectrum.

Hmm...yeah most likely the PP8 is supurb price to performance in the kilodoller range. Im still in the mindset of budget fi which gerenally have a bigger ratio.

Good to know the PP8 isnt affected by cables. When i saw full BA i was afaraid that it would have the same issues as the e70.

Jul 29, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #723 of 786
Thought about selling the Prophile8 and replace it with some cheaper and more comfy IEM but right now i'm listening to it and am stunned and reminded again how good it sounds. On my desktop setup it crushes all my over ears and the soundstage gets so huge.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #724 of 786
Thought about selling the Prophile8 and replace it with some cheaper and more comfy IEM but right now i'm listening to it and am stunned and reminded again how good it sounds. On my desktop setup it crushes all my over ears and the soundstage gets so huge.
What is your desktop setup?

Aug 21, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #725 of 786
What is your desktop setup?
Sotm SMS 200 -> Chord 2Qute -> Audiovalve Solaris. Strangely the Prophile8 goes well with the beefy amp. Very minimal ground noise and i've read somewhere that the PP8 needs some more output resistance than normal daps or clean amps deliver (4-8 ohm) to get on the right track with its frequency response. The difference out of my LG G8 (sucks hard) to the desktop setup is night and day. The Prophile plays along with my favourite over ears (Hifiman Jade II, AKG K1000, HD600) but i'm really not sure if i should sell it or not. It sounds so good on the one hand but on the other hand is so uncomfy and relies heavily on the seal and tips and sounds really studio like.

I know if i sell it there are hardly any IEMs who top it. Only totl i'm left interested in would be a 64 A12t. Otherwise i stick with single DDs which have a bit more charme for me and are cheaper.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #726 of 786
Dec 27, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #727 of 786
I need some help deciding between PP8 and Heir Audio 10.0.
I can't find many reviews on the heir 10.0.
Could someone compare the two? I listen to a lot of genres, mainly hip-hop, metal, and electronic.

Dec 27, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #728 of 786
PP8 should be more analytical and true.. technically exposing all possible (good or bad) details in the music, no matter the genre. Lot of actual research was put into their development and tuning. Two switches also does wonders and you can slightly adjust them to your liking.

Apr 18, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #729 of 786
u12t - a worthy competitor for pp8!
The bass is a little more, but its control is better, the middle is a little more emotional, so the female vocals sound charming, otherwise the sound is very similar

Attachments

• PXL_20210417_100641903.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210417_100641903.PORTRAIT.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
Apr 18, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #730 of 786
I thought the PP8 was my last IEM till I heard the MEST....

Apr 19, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #731 of 786
@imacaverage @misteral201103

I was probably one of PP8’s biggest fans since release. Neither U12t nor A18t were a clear win for me. Here’s a more detailed comparison (and links to measurements) between PP8 and A18t.

The A18t is closer to PP8 than U12t, which is why I chose that comparison. In general, 64’s mids are too warm, a hint too recessed and generally not as accurate as I’d want them for a reference.

However, if I might share, after years of searching, I have found a neutral/natural IEM that is a definite new benchmark for me, in regards to tuning and technicalities. Shared here: the Softears RS10. I’m pretty sure every PP8 fan will appreciate this one.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #734 of 786
Hi fellas, for a PP8 owner who also has the Z1R, is there any reason for me to get the u12t at all?
I think it's at least worth a demo. I thought the PP8 was the end of the rainbow for me. Then I demoed the UM Mest.

Aug 25, 2021 at 12:21 AM Post #735 of 786
Hi fellas, for a PP8 owner who also has the Z1R, is there any reason for me to get the u12t at all?
Vastly different sound. Interms of technicalities I don't hear much difference if any between the pp8 and u12t but the u12t has noticeably more bass presence and treble compares to the pp8. Personally speaking I'd look elsewhere. Having owned both the z1r and pp8 I found little reasons to get the u12t especially since I much prefer the treble and bass of z1r and mids of pp8 to the u12. Depends on what you are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back