New in-ear earbuds under 100$
Aug 5, 2013 at 6:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

zelly

New Head-Fier
Currently own Klipsch image s4 and only reraly get the sound I want and that is when I have them 100% fitted and not moving my head. The bass is amazing then and I still hear the the clear vocals and all details in the songs. However they doesnt sit very well in my ears and when they fall a little out from where the bass is perfect, it looses almost all of that bass and I only hear the detailed music with waaay less "punch" than what I want. I guess my ears or canals are not perfect for these in-ears or tips but I just ordered comply t-100 from ebay and hoping it will fix it.

Meanwhile, what could I be looking at for a replacement? As I said I like it when I can hear alot of details, but that the bass is strong and punchy at the same time. Only sometimes the s4 can get sharp because of the good clarity details, but that is when I have high volume. I would also like to maybe have some spory ones because im gonna start training alot soon, but that maybe too much to ask for? I would like to order from ebay as its alot cheaper than in Norway, but I'm kinda worried about ordering fakes. So if you have any good recomendations that would be great, of maybe a safe seller if you know one. 

Aug 5, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #2 of 7
The S4 is alright but you can definitely get better IEMs for the price. Maybe GR06 for ~60$ or the Yamaha EPH-100 for 113$ on amazon (and is rated WAY higher than the S4).

Here is a thread comparing 292 IEMs by Joker. The S4 is rated a 6.7, the GR06 (8.1), EPH-100 (8.9). Also the RE400 is good for 99$, but its not that bassy. 

Aug 6, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
The S4 is alright but you can definitely get better IEMs for the price. Maybe GR06 for ~60$ or the Yamaha EPH-100 for 113$ on amazon (and is rated WAY higher than the S4).

Here is a thread comparing 292 IEMs by Joker. The S4 is rated a 6.7, the GR06 (8.1), EPH-100 (8.9). Also the RE400 is good for 99$, but its not that bassy. 

Do you know if hippo VB is worth a try? If jaben.net is legit, I get the hippo vg AND a govibe mini usb dac for 90 bucks with free shipping. Worth a shot? And can I use that dac for my hk980 + klipsch rf62 stereo? I only use some **** aux cable now and was wondering if a dac will imrpove the sound. 

Aug 6, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #5 of 7
Hi Zelly,

How do you like the Hippo VB?
I am maybe to late....but if fitting is an issue. I suggest playing with your eartips. try and fit different sizes and models till one fits well. or if all else fails....use a Comply tip. These will definitely have a good in ear fit.

cant help with DAC. But its not for stereosystem but for your musicplayer or phone if the dac in it is not so good. Please read forum for Dacs. I dont understand them myself.

Aug 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
Hi Zelly,

How do you like the Hippo VB?
I am maybe to late....but if fitting is an issue. I suggest playing with your eartips. try and fit different sizes and models till one fits well. or if all else fails....use a Comply tip. These will definitely have a good in ear fit.

cant help with DAC. But its not for stereosystem but for your musicplayer or phone if the dac in it is not so good. Please read forum for Dacs. I dont understand them myself.

Hey

I just ordered them yesterday, have to ship from Singapore to Norway. Im not good with audio but I know what I like and will let you know when I get them. On the klipsch s4 I use the middle tips, as the small ones is useless and the biggest ones fall of more easy than the medium. But bass is about the same on the two. Comply T-100 tips is already on the way, maybe they are in the mail when I get home from vacation today! Maybe I will keep the s4 if it becomes better with them, if not I will just use them on the hippos if thats possible. I'm looking forward to testing everything out.

BTW my main device is the Oppo Find 5 and I use spotify with extreme quality in offline playlists for music. I guess that mode is full 320 bitrate, not sure. There is also a built in equalizer in the app, maybe someone in this forum use spotify and have some tips, have to search around! I'm just using everything stock. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back