new iems for christmas? metal and dubstep, $250-300
Dec 12, 2010 at 1:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jordan7741

New Head-Fier
Long time lurker, been thinking of picking up a new pair of iems for christmas. I've had a pair of ER4Ps and the ER6Is and both were pretty sweet, the Ps got stolen and the right bud in the Is died, so right now I'm using a pair of ipod headphones for when I'm on campus. I've got a pair of HD595s that I use at home, but I cant bring them into the lib or walk around with them too much because of how open they are, even tho they do sound amazing!
I listen to alot a pretty wide variety of music, but the most reoccurring genres would be dubstep and metal. While I'm at home I listen to music on my computer (13" macbook pro) and while I'm on campus I use my nexus one.
Been looking at westone 3s, super fi 10s or ie8s, I really like the iems for their isolation and their portability, but I am open to suggestions if any of you guys feel like I'm not considering a really good headphone. Price range is around 250-300, but that isn't set in stone.

Any help or guidance would be awesome

Dec 16, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #2 of 3
The SF10s are cheaper than either of the other two options (sub $200) and I think they sound pretty good when playing dubstep. They are not very ergonomic though, IMO, and the stock cable sucks. However, the hundreds saved is probably worth it. I can't really say much more as I just got mine.

Dec 16, 2010 at 7:11 AM Post #3 of 3
For dubstep I'd get the Fischer Audio Eterna. For metal I'd get the DBA-02, Coppers or Hippo VB. The VB might sound good with dubstep too because of it's stellar bass so, yeah, Hippo VB all the way! :) 

I use an amped RE0/SR225i/HD25-1 II for metal and a XB700 for dubstep btw. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back