New IEM suggestions and help ~£250-400
Dec 28, 2021 at 12:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Ten Pence Piece

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm looking to get some new IEMs somewhere in the price region of £250-400. I recently got the Flare Audio E-Prototype but will be returning as the build quality and overall sound is not up to what I expected.

I listen to mostly hip-hop, rap, jazz, rock, and classical music.
I prefer something more balanced sounding but still fun.
I'd like something not too bulky as I will use them a lot when out and about in London commuting etc.
I need to be able to source them in the UK, happy to use AliExpress though!
Source for the majority of listening will be an andoid phone and Ibasso DC05.

Some options I've found:
  • 7hz Timeless - ruled out for the ergonomics as they will just hurt my ears :frowning2:
  • Campfire Audio Honeydew - ruled out for being too bass heavy
  • FiiO FH7 - ruled out as the moondrop blessing 2 seem a better option for the price
  • Moondrop blessing 2
  • Sennheiser IE300
  • Shure Aonic 4
  • Shure Aonic 5 - may be able to pick these up for £330, if I can is this a Shure winner :wink:?
I'd be really grateful for any recommendations or advice, either with the list above or anything standout I may have missed.

Jan 4, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #2 of 6
have you actually tried the Timeless? they do look uncomfortable, but they aren't. the big disc part doesnt touch any part of your ear. i could wear them for hours and forget they were still in my ears. you should check them out.

blessing 2 are a safe option. they probably are the #1 recommendation for their price point.

Jan 4, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #3 of 6
For a more balanced and slightly fun signature I‘d consider the Blessing 2 Dusk over the original. I had the B2 and emulated the Dusk - took some edge off the upper mids and gave more body to the music.

I‘d also consider the JVC/Drop FDX1. A very coherent and well tuned, technically very good DD.
It has more mid bass slam and a very coherent SQ top to bottom. Very natural. Excellent IEM for classics. Robust stainless steel housing.
Don’t have the B2 for direct comparison any more, but consider that the B2 had to go, the FDX1 stayed…

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back