New IEM help?
Aug 20, 2012 at 3:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

WasabiWa83

New Head-Fier
I need a new pair of IEMs and can't figure out which would be the best. I've looked at the review thread with tons of IEMs but that's only made things more difficult. I'm looking to spend no more than 200$ on them. I listen to mostly rock/screamo/ambient/soft rock, so I need something with quick/strong bass, but not overpowering. If possible, I'd love to find some with the same sound signature as the beyerdynamic dt990 pros that I own. I love the clarity and detail that those provide. Any suggestions? They will need to run without an amp out of a Galaxy Nexus or HTC Rezound.

Having them available through amazon would be a huge plus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Aug 20, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #2 of 12
Try a pair of Brainwavz M2 with Comply T-400 foam tips.  The combo is awesome and really comfortable.  The total cost will be around $115 shipped and is currently my IEM of choice under budget constraints.

Sound Signature:
Slightly bassy, excellent midrange, pleasantly rolled off highs.

Here are the charts:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BrainwavzM2.pdf

Aug 20, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #3 of 12
Try a pair of Brainwavz M2 with Comply T-400 foam tips.  The combo is awesome and really comfortable.  The total cost will be around $115 shipped and is currently my IEM of choice under budget constraints.

Sound Signature:
Slightly bassy, excellent midrange, pleasantly rolled off highs.

Here are the charts:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BrainwavzM2.pdf

I've looked at those and also the Brainwavs B2 as I think those might have more detail. I've also thought about the TF10 but have heard that they can be too clear and somewhat harsh on the highs. Thanks for the recommendation. Ill definitely keep that combo in mind. Any others?

Aug 22, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #5 of 12
Bought some Brainwavz M3 but would still like to get some other opinions. Those should be here tonight so I can try them out. So...bump for other ideas :)

Sep 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #7 of 12
Bump for new options. The brainwavs that I bought have great clarity but lack the bass that I'm looking for. Any other opinions out there??
Sent from my GSIII

Sounds like you could use the... NRB Mod

http://www.head-fi.org/t/626457/nrb-mod-nut-rattlin-bass-from-an-ety-yes-yes-yes-how-to-nrb-mod

Cheers, Jim

Sep 8, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #8 of 12
Not sure I really want to mod anything. Just hoping to find some that sound like what I need out of the box. Thinking about the triplefi 10 or the gr07 right now. If there are iems that would be better for my music and signature preference, I'm all ears :) But I appreciate the suggestion, mate.

Sent from my GSIII

Sep 10, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #10 of 12
I absoultly LOVED the Beyerdynamic DTX 101ie but they are a very bass heavy headphone, not too overpowering in my ears when listening to rock
They go for 80 dollars which is a steal as they go for £65 here in the UK..

Sep 10, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #11 of 12
Thanks for the suggestion. I am a Beyer fanboy, so those might work for me. I'm also considering the GR07, triplefi 10, and the Ath ckm 500. The ckm are last on my list right now since they're Japan imports unless they have the sound I'm looking for.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII

Users who are viewing this thread

Back