New iBasso Portable Amp/DAC: iBasso D14 "Bushmaster"
Jul 12, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #78 of 584
Nice!!!   Thanks very much!! 
beerchug.gif

Jul 12, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #79 of 584

@Cotnijoe,Can you tell how the soundstage depth of D14 compared to Dx90 ?

From what i've read,Dx90 is said to have a distant sound and there is good amount of depth.What can you say about the D14 in this regard ? Does it excel the Dx90 in this department too ?

Jul 12, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #80 of 584

@Cotnijoe,Can you tell how the soundstage depth of D14 compared to Dx90 ?

From what i've read,Dx90 is said to have a distant sound and there is good amount of depth.What can you say about the D14 in this regard ? Does it excel the Dx90 in this department too ?

In the recent firmwares from the DX90, I feel that the sound has actually become more forward with DX90, which was a good thing to me as I felt that the vocals were more distant because its slightly more recessed, not because the DX90 has amazing sense of depth. 

Comparing the two, the DX90 sound more in your head, while the D14 presents the sound as being slightly more in front of you than the DX90. So I would say the D14 has a better sense of depth as well in terms of soundstage.

Honestly, if you A/B the two, you can tell the difference between the two, and that the D14 sounds a bit cleaner and better. But when you really spend time with one, then switch to the other, it becomes really apparent that the D14's sound is quite a bit more expansive, has a much more natural sound with better separation as well.

Hope this helps! I don't want to undermine the DX90 as I love the DX90 and use it when I need something truly portable, but its been almost two years, and iBasso has gotten better at what they do!

Jul 12, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #81 of 584

In the recent firmwares from the DX90, I feel that the sound has actually become more forward with DX90, which was a good thing to me as I felt that the vocals were more distant because its slightly more recessed, not because the DX90 has amazing sense of depth. 

Comparing the two, the DX90 sound more in your head, while the D14 presents the sound as being slightly more in front of you than the DX90. So I would say the D14 has a better sense of depth as well in terms of soundstage.

Honestly, if you A/B the two, you can tell the difference between the two, and that the D14 sounds a bit cleaner and better. But when you really spend time with one, then switch to the other, it becomes really apparent that the D14's sound is quite a bit more expansive, has a much more natural sound with better separation as well.

Hope this helps! I don't want to undermine the DX90 as I love the DX90 and use it when I need something truly portable, but its been almost two years, and iBasso has gotten better at what they do!

Thanks mate ! really helpful in making my decision. Seems like ibasso D14 is exactly what i'm looking for.Now i just hope i can find a good seller to buy this.When i try to enter my shipping address on the order page i can't see my country name listed when i try to choose the country.I'm going to contact ibasso about this now.

Jul 12, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #82 of 584
  How well do you think the D14 will fare with harder to drive headphones such as the MrSpeakers Alpha Dog?‘

The D14 did OK with the K7XX and even the HD800. Obviously it didn't sound fantastic, but it does the job. 

Jul 14, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #84 of 584
  @paul-ibasso - do you have any information when the D14 will be available through the official iBasso distributor for Spain - http://headphoniaks.com/gb/22_ibasso ?

You didn't link him properly. 

Just shoot iBasso an email, they will probably get back to you quicker there. 

Jul 14, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #86 of 584
  Thanks for the hint, I did. Anyone know where D14 can be ordered in Europe?

Ibasso D14 can be ordered here:-

http://www.son-video.com/Rayons/DAC-audio-ampli-casque-portable/iBasso-D14-Bushmaster.html

I did not place an order from them as they did not respond to a question I asked them via e-mail its something I always do in case I have a problem afterwards and need some support, if they can not reply to a simple question I do not buy. Maybe you will have more luck.

Jul 14, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #87 of 584
Another D14 review for those interested.

http://www.wheninmanila.com/ibasso-d14-bushmaster-portable-dacamp-synergy-is-the-key/

Jul 14, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #88 of 584
Has any of you bushmasterers(lol) able to use this to an android phone? I have an Asus Zenfone 2 and have been contemplating between this and the FiiO E18 Kunlun. 

Jul 14, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #89 of 584
Has any of you bushmasterers(lol) able to use this to an android phone? I have an Asus Zenfone 2 and have been contemplating between this and the FiiO E18 Kunlun. 

I am a master of the bush and have used the D14 with my htc. It works easily and the D14 comes with a nice low profile cable. Sound is fantastic and highly recommended. But the D14 is a little thick and stacking it with an android means you should be prepared to look pretty dumb with a giant bulge in your pants. I put my stack on the side of my backpack thats designed to hold a waterbottle. Works great

Jul 14, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #90 of 584
I am a master of the bush and have used the D14 with my htc. It works easily and the D14 comes with a nice low profile cable. Sound is fantastic and highly recommended. But the D14 is a little thick and stacking it with an android means you should be prepared to look pretty dumb with a giant bulge in your pants. I put my stack on the side of my backpack thats designed to hold a waterbottle. Works great

Thanks. Is your HTC Android 4.4 lollipop or higher?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back