New iBasso Portable Amp/DAC: iBasso D14 "Bushmaster"
Feb 5, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #407 of 584
i had a listen to the d14 today on my focal spirit pro headphones and was quite impressed

an upgrade from using my fiio x5 and iphone 6 - a nice bit more detail laid out very nicely. a nice increase in richness and clarity and a touch of warmth - the sound was pretty much we're i'm at at the moment.

wondering how using the d14 as a dac/amp compares to the dx80 if members have here have heard both

also wondering how that compares relative to the fiio x7 - i had a very quick listen to the x7 and found it lacking the warmth of the d14 - but that was a quick listen

Feb 11, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #410 of 584
If we are talking pure volume level, then there are songs that I need to turn the volume knob of the D14 up to 3 o'clock to get enough volume and some songs can't do it pass 12-1 o'clock, both on high gain with my DT990Pro 250ohm
There is this site, not sure how accurate or useful to you, that can tell what's the highest volume you can get pairing your can to your amp
http://www.audiobot9000.com/match/beyerdynamic/dt-990-edition-600-ohms/with/ibasso/d14-bushmaster

Feb 11, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #411 of 584
Thanks, volume can be achieved from a smartohone too so just wanted to hear some comparasions of d14amp and asgard2. I know not a fair comparasions but just wanted to know how tye d14 stacks up.
I'll still be getting a tube amp anyway.

Feb 12, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #413 of 584
Positive first impression for the Asgard 2 when compared to the iBasso D14
The Asgard 2 adds body, the sound opened up a little bit, adds slight warmness, increases soundstage, tightens up the bass, clearer/smoother sound. Needless to say the very slight distortion I used to have with the D14 when upping the volume past 2-3 o’clock on high gain is gone now, which is expected given the spec difference between these amps.
Please note that all changes are slight, nothing extreme, but it’s there, for my ears, YMMV.
Test performed on AKG Q701 and Beyer DT990Pro 250 ohm

Feb 12, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #414 of 584
Positive first impression for the Asgard 2 when compared to the iBasso D14

The Asgard 2 adds body, the sound opened up a little bit, adds slight warmness, increases soundstage, tightens up the bass, clearer/smoother sound. Needless to say the very slight distortion I used to have with the D14 when upping the volume past 2-3 o’clock on high gain is gone now, which is expected given the spec difference between these amps.

Please note that all changes are slight, nothing extreme, but it’s there, for my ears, YMMV.

Test performed on AKG Q701 and Beyer DT990Pro 250 ohm

Thanks

Feb 13, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #415 of 584
Lucky me got 2nd hand in a good condition for less than $180 at local forum. A little doubt at first, bcos I never take an audition at store. Now D14 running smoothly to my phone through OTG.
I can confirm D14 is a well done build as a solid dac/amp. Got no such issue with zte v5 pro (A711) running android 5.1.1. My initial impression it has a good clarity, open up slight a veilness on my IEM, a great pair with SD2s. I wont judge too far, the ex-owner told me that he used it rarely in 2 months. I thought it played under 50hr since he bought.

Feb 13, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #416 of 584
Lucky me got 2nd hand in a good condition for less than $180 at local forum. A little doubt at first, bcos I never take an audition at store. Now D14 running smoothly to my phone through OTG.
I can confirm D14 is a well done build as a solid dac/amp. Got no such issue with zte v5 pro (A711) running android 5.1.1. My initial impression it has a good clarity, open up slight a veilness on my IEM, a great pair with SD2s. I wont judge too far, the ex-owner told me that he used it rarely in 2 months. I thought it played under 50hr since he bought.

It is an excellent sounding amp/dac. Have fun. 

Feb 15, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #419 of 584
  The usb port of my D14 is too loose. The usb cable doesn't fit will in it so now it disconnects often while i'm listening :frowning2:

Is it the port or the USB cable?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 15, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #420 of 584
Hi Paul - iBasso,

I think my battery is malfunctioning. I am using my D14 as a DAC only and getting around 6 hours from fully charged to complete empty.
Per the specifications, the battery life when used as dac/amp is 13 hours so I expect at least to get the same duration for DAC only if not longer.
I bought mine from Amazon a month ago.

What advise do you have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back