New iBasso Flagship DAP!
Sep 25, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #16 of 41
use to have alot of high fi iems before (jvc fx850, cardas em5813,ex600,jvc fxz200,dunu dn2000,...etc) I sold them all as I have no need when I can get same performance level at a cheaper price :). But Dao I important as well . I use to have the (x5,zx1,dx90) and sold them all , but I'm really missing the dx90 and zx1 :'(..looking for a totl dap :wink:

Sep 26, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #17 of 41
My guess : A dual ES9018K2M and a balanced amp with a balanced output. Just worring about the kind of output it will be : 2,5mm TRRS A&K style, 3,5mm TRRS Hifiman style, Kobicon or the same that the PB-2 amp by Ibasso? Hope for Kobicon.

Sep 26, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #18 of 41
Balanced amp & balanced Kobiconn ouput but dual non mobile version ES9018 DAC's as specs are slightly better if they're aiming for another "Reference" DAP, which they will simply call "Reference Balanced DAP"; if they get the UI really stable and polished, sufficient RAM memory & a processor fast enough to run the OS without skipping a beat so to speak, a really beefy battery, 512GB or at least 256GB on-board memory whilst keeping the µSD slot, iBasso will be king again. But only if all of those objectives are met.

Sep 26, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #19 of 41
Agreed.

Stock Android L and some variant of Qualcomm Snapdragon would definitely be nice.
Not only that, but excellent build quality, hardware design language, etc. are also going to be very important if they want to compete with A&K.

Sep 28, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #23 of 41
Dunno I consider r10 sq very very good. Better than almost all options out there, to my taste at least.

Very subjective this hobby of ours.

Oh I'm sure the R10's very good in its own right!
It's just that a successor is expected to be an improvement over its predecessor, (and in respect to DAPs) especially in the SQ department. 

Sep 28, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #27 of 41
But of course Hugo DAC sound with a Wagnus amp section and a clip zip battery life in an AK100 package would be better still.

I felt that the Hugo & Wagnus pairing was quite bad lol. :p

I agree, a slimmer / re-designed version of the R10 would be fantastic!
But then it would be the R10 / DX100 mkii & not a true successor of the R10 / DX100.

iBasso is purported to be releasing a successor & not just an update / revision of the R10 / DX100.

As such, it should fully expected that a successor to a current flagship will be improved in its SQ.
Of course, if iBasso is inclined to release a R10 / DX100 mkii in the future as well, that'll be cool too.

Oct 22, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #28 of 41
wishing that new flagship will have the following:
- replaceable back cover.