NEW! iBasso D-Zero Mk2
Dec 3, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #33 of 334
I have spent quite some time listening via both USB and from my DX90 line-out and also using my Tera-Player as a source. The sound belies its position as an entry-level device with bass that is both deep and well-controlled. Highs are detailed and clear with very natural vocal and instrumental timbre. Overall, the sound is warm and expansive. I did not notice sibilance or hiss with any of my phones. I used my Sony F1 and Oppo PM-1 for over-ear listening and my LAB 1, Parterre and Heaven VI IEM's. I also listened with my modified PortaPro and Blox Anv3 earbuds. In all cases, the Mk2 vastly outperformed what I would consider to be an "entry-level" device and feel that it can compete without apology with portable amplifiers costing well above entry level devices.

MSRP for the Mk2 will be $119 USD and it will be available from the iBasso website this coming Monday, the 10th of November.

After early hype I must say it doesn't soud better than my d4 (hi flight topkit) but sound is very good and is much more useful as a portable device, with the gain is closer but there is hiss...

What kind of hiss Kurdt ? HiFlight notice got no hiss with his reference IEMs.

Dec 4, 2014 at 6:11 AM Post #34 of 334
Another guy I know from a spanish forum has the same issue as me, hiss with the gain on.if you pause the song the hiss is very noticeable, my ibasso d4 does not have any kind of hiss by the way.

Sound is just awesome.

I use the fa 4e xb and he is using the um30 pro.

Dec 6, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #37 of 334
Yeah, but then there is a huge amount of variables when it comes to audio, not least our ears. I have a hearing test every 3 years due to nature of my employment and I can see by hearing going down as I get older. You maybe far more sensitive to background hiss than I am, without comparing our hearing I have no idea. Plus factor in different source and headphones, who knows. What you hear and I hear will be different.

Personally if you are not happy with them, send them back.

Dec 6, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #39 of 334
I wonder if it could have anything to do with each individual set up? Like having it connected to either USB 2.0 or 3.0, possibly even the phones themselves. Couple people have noted hiss, others no hiss.

Dec 6, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #40 of 334
edit: Went ahead and ordered the MKII hopefully it will make a suitable replacement for my now dead D2+ Boa.
the D-Zero MKII's dimensions look to match my Sony F807 nearly perfect so they should make a great pairing.
amd now comes the hard part  ...waiting

Dec 6, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #41 of 334
Perhaps wait for the D14 that is coming out soon? It will be a direct upgrade. 

Dec 7, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #42 of 334
D14? Is that like a totally new model?

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #44 of 334
My MK2 came in today. 
There is some hiss on the Hi gain setting when plugged into my laptop via usb. However there was no hiss on the Hi gain when used only as an amp and plugged into my phone via the aux.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back