New hybrid amp by Little Dot, I+
Aug 30, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #46 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trapper32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tung Sol 408a....Does anyone have an idea on their quality and SQ??

whoops got this confused with the 403B....

Peete.

Aug 30, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #47 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The W408a is a great tube sound, everyone should love this at this price level. Ebay has them available all the time for a very good price.

Does this amp require balanced tubes? Is it self biasing?

Biasing is only for power tubes. The driver tubes need not be matched (triode pairs) but it's always nice to get a matched pair I say
smily_headphones1.gif

Peete.

Aug 30, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #49 of 805
I have a question. I ordered a Zero Amp/DAC thanks to one of the reviews on here. It's my first Amp/DAC ever.

I was wondering, how the Little dot I+ basic would work with it? Would it work like a preamp? or what.

Still new to all this stuff. So excuse me if my question was stupid.

Aug 31, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #50 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trax416 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a question. I ordered a Zero Amp/DAC thanks to one of the reviews on here. It's my first Amp/DAC ever.

I was wondering, how the Little dot I+ basic would work with it? Would it work like a preamp? or what.

Still new to all this stuff. So excuse me if my question was stupid.

Not a dumb question at all
smily_headphones1.gif
Simply use the Zero like a regular DAC. It has the ability (the Zero) to output a line level (fixed voltage level) signal via the analog outputs (rca outs) on the back to the rca inputs on the LD I+. Thats all there is to it
beerchug.gif

Should work like a charm
smily_headphones1.gif

Peete.

Aug 31, 2008 at 8:09 AM Post #51 of 805
yes it would work...but try the zero built in amplifier, you may be satisfied with it and not feel the need to buy another headphone amp
wink.gif

Aug 31, 2008 at 8:30 AM Post #52 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not a dumb question at all
smily_headphones1.gif
Simply use the Zero like a regular DAC. It has the ability (the Zero) to output a line level (fixed voltage level) signal via the analog outputs (rca outs) on the back to the rca inputs on the LD I+. Thats all there is to it
beerchug.gif

Should work like a charm
smily_headphones1.gif

Peete.

So I would connect the Optical cable from the PC, into the Zero, then the Zero, into the Little Dot I via analog RCA. Then I would plug my headphones into the Little Dot I+?

This would make the zero run as the DAC and the Little Dot as the amp correct?

Aug 31, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #54 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by ciphercomplete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would love to hear your impressions with the k501. Can't wait.

I'll post my experiences here once I get the amp
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 1, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #55 of 805
Awesome, I just emailed David to say that I wish to buy one. This will go perfectly with my incoming Grado SR225. Now I just need to buy a proper source from what little money I have left over.
tongue.gif

Sep 1, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #56 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by REB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was contacted by David, saying that they'll ship at the end of next week. I must say that David and Little Dot are scrupously correct with regard to communication. I am continuously being informed and kept up to date, without having to ask for information.

That's awesome to hear. The one fear I have about little-known chinese manufacturers like Little Dot and Darkvoice is how well do they communicate with their customers, and how well do they support their products.

Keep us informed with how the transaction goes and how you like the product
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #57 of 805
M'kay, according to the personal email David sent me, as soon as I pay, it will be 2-3 days of testing, and then 4-10 days of shipping time.

I think I'll pull the trigger soon, thus starting my college setup!
biggrin.gif

Sep 4, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #58 of 805
Anyone got his I+ yet ? Don't forget to post some impressions
wink.gif

Sep 4, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #59 of 805
Just got a word from David that the cases had been delayed from a subcontractor but they should come any day now and then they can start shipping out the first batch.

Sep 4, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #60 of 805
It occurs to me this little amp is the perfect cottage set up....
biggrin.gif

I see a MK I+ in my near future. TMMule...LD is the best customer service I've ever dealt with...better than Magnepan and they are impressive to say the least. David will look after you, answer any and all questions promptly...and when he says they will test, you can bet they will...My MK III has been flawless even after I took it apart and modified it...works like a charm. David helped me out right away when one of the power tubes went bad in the first week of ownership..he sent out a replacement right away via EMS...great guys, good amps...excellent value...can't do better than these guys IMO.

Peete.

PS I'm biased towards them..but there is nothing in the statement that isn't 100% accurate..so it's not really a bias. Just thought I'd say though
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back