New hybrid amp by Little Dot, I+
Jul 31, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #16 of 805
I've always joked about Little Dot's naming schemes and just when you thought it couldn't get much more confusing...
smily_headphones1.gif

Kids are gonna get MkI and this new I+ all mixed up, and knowing Little Dot there will be a I++ in a few months.

Looks amazing though, I never cared for the power tubes much in the Mk series anyway, an op-amp based amp with a EF95 input stage is gonna rock, hard. Oh man, look at that socketed op-amp, you thinking what I'm thinking?

- DoA

Jul 31, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #19 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like a nice compact little unit. Perfect size for a bedside amp.

At first I thought you were being sarcastic and talking about the picture of that monster tube amp - the Little Dot TPA-1 - someone posted above.
beyersmile.png

Would make for a damn nice space heater next your bed though.

Jul 31, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #21 of 805
yes, from the current values stated by LD, this amp is very good for low impedance phones

800mW (32 ohm)
300mW (120 ohm)
150mW (300 ohm)

for the I+, where the MKII is

300mW @ 300/600 ohms
200mW @ 120 ohms
100mW @ 32 ohms

more powerful on hugh impedance but less current with 32 ohm..

Aug 2, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #23 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by ciphercomplete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't find the hybrid but has anyone seen this beauty? It looks like it would beat a pair of K-1000s into submission.

200712150483211415.jpg

Holy crap that's some serious power there.......I wonder what the list is on this. Those power tubes are Russian, seen those before from the store where I get Russian PIO caps from...

Serious chunk of amp there....wonder how it's sounds with pair of recabled 650's.....

Seems LD is poised for an assault on the higher end market with this amp and MK VI...

Peete.

Aug 4, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #25 of 805
I've seen the TPA-1 in person and yes, it is Freakin Huge! Way larger and heavier than the upcoming Mk VI, which is why they don't sell it to US. It would cost too much to courier there and the risk of something breaking along the way is too great. It's meant to power speakers IIRC, though i can't remember if it drives headphones as well.

Aug 6, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #26 of 805
Infos on price posted on the thread, this little amp will start at 109$ for the standard version, 129 and 159$ with the upgraded tubes...probably i'll buy it for my desktop...i have a pair of ef95 laying around....just grab the basic version and throw the good tubes in
biggrin.gif

Aug 7, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #28 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowmoses /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've seen the TPA-1 in person and yes, it is Freakin Huge! Way larger and heavier than the upcoming Mk VI, which is why they don't sell it to US. It would cost too much to courier there and the risk of something breaking along the way is too great. It's meant to power speakers IIRC, though i can't remember if it drives headphones as well.

Actually, they don't sell it anywhere. The TPA-1 was made purely as a concept amp to learn from.

Aug 20, 2008 at 8:04 AM Post #29 of 805
I lokked at LD website, the amp is available in stock, even at their ebay seller, 109$ is a steal
biggrin.gif

Aug 20, 2008 at 1:15 PM Post #30 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meliboeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I lokked at LD website, the amp is available in stock, even at their ebay seller, 109$ is a steal
biggrin.gif

Isn't it? I just stole it
biggrin.gif
for use at the office. Can't wait for it to arrive. I am very keen on anything hybrid, best of both worlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back