New Human! MMCX help (sorry)
Oct 4, 2019 at 9:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

NallyFace

New Head-Fier
Hello

So I’ve been reading page after page on MMCX cables and getting more and more confused. I’ve scrolled through AliExpress until my thumbs hurt.

I need a cable for my Shure SE424s - I’m spinning with different cable options and have no ideas what is genuine and what is not, what is good and what is poor.

I like the look of the of the BGVP 6N but could anyone recommend a handful that might be a good choice for me? I’m also concerned of how heavy some would feel while walking about so was thinking 8 core?

I don’t want to go over £30 ish and am worried about import tax as I’ve been done by that before. So UK seller would be better is possible.

Thanks for any help.

Oct 4, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #2 of 8
FiiO makes a reasonable balanced cable for the Shures and it's not too expensive. I am not shure if they make a single-ended (regular) cable.

I think ebay might be better than aliexpress and you should be able to find many shops in the UK. If you're ok with the stock cable you could probably find local shops listed on the Shure site. Otherwise it might be worth contacting customcans.co.uk and inquiring if they have any ideas. I don't believe they make cables for Shure IEMs but they're generally good folks and could probably point you in the right direction.

Oct 4, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #3 of 8
Hi

Should have mentioned I want away from the stock. Have been through two now and interested to try something else.

I have a Fiio at the moment, a very good cable but again, thinking try another now.

Thoughts on this?
£50.36 62% Off | **** 8 Core Pure Silver Upgraded Cable 2.5/3.5/4.4mm Balanced Cable With MMCX/2pin Connector For HQ8 HQ12 TFZ ZS10 AS10 C16
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/5KL2kfF6

also interested in this one::

£43.89 46% Off | NICEHCK 8 Core 6N GC-OCC Single Crystal Copper Cable MMCX/2Pin 3.5/2.5/4.4mm Balanced For KZAS10 CCAC16 NICEHCK NX7/M6/EBX/F3 https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/FAoeWNn6

and this which I think could be the one:

£31.15 29% Off | BGVP 6N 8 Core 400 Wire Pure Silver Plated OCC 2.5mm/3.5mm MMCX Earphone Cable Audiophile Balancing Cable for Shure SE846 SE215 https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/oqUB2pxa

Any I should avoid?

Could not find what I was looking for on eBay so I guess it’s AliExpress

Thanks for any advice

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 3:58 AM Post #5 of 8
Personally I use the 8 core NICEHCK copper cables, usually $10 USD on aliexpress, can be 7 bucks during sales.
I bought 6 pairs as I felt it has good quality for the price. They have MMCX and 2 pin variants.

Some of the TRN 6 and 8 core cables had an issue a few months back where some wires were not soldered, I'm not sure if they fixed the newer batches. But the 16 core TRN one is legit. A few great headfiers went to dissect cables in the thread above and have confirmed these info.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #6 of 8
Oct 5, 2019 at 4:14 AM Post #7 of 8
Personally I use the 8 core NICEHCK copper cables, usually $10 USD on aliexpress, can be 7 bucks during sales.
I bought 6 pairs as I felt it has good quality for the price. They have MMCX and 2 pin variants.

Some of the TRN 6 and 8 core cables had an issue a few months back where some wires were not soldered, I'm not sure if they fixed the newer batches. But the 16 core TRN one is legit. A few great headfiers went to dissect cables in the thread above and have confirmed these info.

Thanks for that, NiceHCK seem popular. Is the 16 core a bit heavy for general use while walking around?

Oct 5, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #8 of 8
Thanks for that, NiceHCK seem popular. Is the 16 core a bit heavy for general use while walking around?

I don't have the 16 core version, but I personally feel between 8 and 16 core we humans can't tell the difference sonically.
It's not too heavy for the 8 core version. Thick but supple.

If u can wait till 11/11, there's gonna be a massive sale on Aliexpress then. Prices will definitely be cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back