New HTC One M8 audio review
May 24, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #332 of 874
  Latest is 1.60.708.2 I updated last night.

I'm not sure, but I think the numbering is region specific and the first numbers don't tell if it's the latest version.
1.54.401.10 has been released 2 or 3 days ago, so it may contain the same changes as the 1.60.x.x update 

Just to let you guys know the audio issue among others were fixed in the latest update.

Can you elaborate on this? Are you talking about the crackling or anything else? Which update?

May 24, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #333 of 874
  Hi

I was googling and found this - http://www.venturesquare.net/525913

Notice towards the bottom of the page there is the Nexus with an app open - anyone know what app that is?
I've been trying to find a decent system wide EQ like what Sony has but nothing comes close ... Viper sounds too artificial for my liking, and I cannot stand Neutron's UI lol 

Anyone using something different that sounds great?

Thanks

Try n7player, it's a bit slow, but once you get everything setup and not change your library every 5 seconds, it runs smoothly

May 24, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #334 of 874

I'm not sure, but I think the numbering is region specific and the first numbers don't tell if it's the latest version.
1.54.401.10 has been released 2 or 3 days ago, so it may contain the same changes as the 1.60.x.x update 

Can you elaborate on this? Are you talking about the crackling or anything else? Which update?

I updated 4 days ago but can't rememer the version number, I updated again just yesterday to this version.  That's the 3rd update since the M8 was released.

May 24, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #335 of 874
Deleted.

May 24, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #336 of 874
ah. it probably is a hardware issue. I really want this phone, but the camera, operating system, and features aren't to my liking. I'm going to have to stick with Nokia/microsoft mobile. (Microsoft just bought Nokia's mobile department. Its what Microsoft was planning since Nokia got a new CEO who just happened to quit Microsoft a few months prior, and chose WP8 as their new OS. The actual Nokia can start making phones again in 2 years, and Microsoft gets to use the Nokia name on the Lumia and Asha line until 2020... So, basically, two companies making phones with the name Nokia in 2 years.) :frowning2:

May 24, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #338 of 874
I'm not having any issues with the camera or audio. My phone updated yesterday. They are updating one region at a time.
then again, you are using an amp, and easy to drive cans...

May 24, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #340 of 874
I really want this phone, but the camera, operating system, and features aren't to my liking.  
frown.gif

Yeah,it seems  you are out of luck with this phone if you want a Windows phone. 

May 24, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #342 of 874
Have you even tried it for an extended period of time?

May 24, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #343 of 874
I personally don't like the Windows operating systems on phones.

Yeah, I don't get it either. Don't like it on phones or computers. Oh well, that's why different flavors are sold I suppose. 

I am psyched to have such a great Android phone with such great sound. Will help me hold off on purchasing a DAP. My Shure 846s are an easy load to drive (though hiss and output impedance need to be attended to), so no big need for the power of a separate amp/DAP.

May 24, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #344 of 874
Yeah, I don't get it either. Don't like it on phones or computers. Oh well, that's why different flavors are sold I suppose. 

I am psyched to have such a great Android phone with such great sound. Will help me hold off on purchasing a DAP. My Shure 846s are an easy load to drive (though hiss and output impedance need to be attended to), so no big need for the power of a separate amp/DAP.
you stick to your 1400$ mac's, and I'll stick to 800$ w8 gaming computers that are a boatload faster for less... Unless, you use Linux. Btw, I have never seen a person who likes the android OS more than WP8 after having both. I've definitely seen people who don't like WP8 because of the smaller app store, but the OS? Never.

May 24, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #345 of 874
I recently got this phone and i can say that i am fully satisfied in every way with it. However, i have noticed that with some songs the speakers at max volume tend to not hold out without producing distortion. I searched for a good example to make the speakers distort: "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtzO2DC1WVU". When i play this song, the intro sines 100hz and up tend to distort the speakers of the M8. Are the speakers just reaching their mechanical limits? Or is my phone defective?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back