New HTC 10--Audio Impressions
May 11, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #32 of 476
HTC just got a coolness factor added. Received an email saying thanks for being a fa and ordering the device on the website and they are sending a surprise to us early adopters

Yeah, even though I ordered early, I don't think I'll get that due to their system screwup....  HTC coolness factor would really go up if they stepped up and offered whatever that will be to those who's orders were messed up by their system.

May 11, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #33 of 476
  Yeah, even though I ordered early, I don't think I'll get that due to their system screwup....  HTC coolness factor would really go up if they stepped up and offered whatever that will be to those who's orders were messed up by their system.

I'd doubt they would do this automatically, but I'm sure if you called they would honor it.

May 11, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #34 of 476
Can any htc 10 owners confirm if its possible to answer call using home button like in Samsung phones? I feel this is very essential as physical button pressing is much more convenient than sliding

May 11, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #35 of 476
Great sound signature from the HTC 10.  

I tried out the Sennheiser HD 600.  Don't think I've ever heard them sing on a mobile device before.  Impressive.  

My techno cans (Denon AH-D7000) sound right at home on this phone.  

Only problem...neither one of these headphones are portable.  I'm going to need to grab an inexpensive pair of ear buds to go along with this phone.

May 11, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #36 of 476
Can any htc 10 owners confirm if its possible to answer call using home button like in Samsung phones? I feel this is very essential as physical button pressing is much more convenient than sliding

Confirmed it is not possible. Home button (fingerprint scanner) does nothing when ringing. Instead you must swipe the phone icon up to answer.

May 11, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #37 of 476
  Great sound signature from the HTC 10.  

I tried out the Sennheiser HD 600.  Don't think I've ever heard them sing on a mobile device before.  Impressive.  

My techno cans (Denon AH-D7000) sound right at home on this phone.  

Only problem...neither one of these headphones are portable.  I'm going to need to grab an inexpensive pair of ear buds to go along with this phone.

Exactly my thoughts. I have never had a phone drive my headphones with such clarity and authority. I am driving the planar Sine with these and they sound awesome.

May 12, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #38 of 476
I wonder sometimes why you need sound profiles ☺
I use my Audio-Technica ATH-M50x and my Sennheiser IE8 with my Iphone 5 s and HTC M7.
I need no EQ or other crap.
I guess >80 % sound quality comes from :headphones:

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

May 13, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #40 of 476
I wonder sometimes why you need sound profiles ☺
I use my Audio-Technica ATH-M50x and my Sennheiser IE8 with my Iphone 5 s and HTC M7.
I need no EQ or other crap.
I guess >80 % sound quality comes from :headphones:

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

because your ears are different than mine, which are different than the millions of other people out there.  We all hear differently.  For example, I like bass.  I also like neutral sound.  If I want a colored jam fest I slap on my Denon AH-D7000.  I want neutral I use my HD600s...but I EQ some extra bass on the low end.  It's like an open AH-D7000 to me.  :)

Not to get on a whole debate, but IMO...

Extensive EQ tweaking - get better hardware

Subtle EQ tweaking - tailoring the sound to my own ears

May 13, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #41 of 476
I bought an Aumeo on Indiegogo before the HTC 10 was announced with basically the same feature.  I have some hearing loss in my left of high frequencies.  As such, most things like cymbals almost always sound like they're coming from my right ear only.  So having the ability to tailor the EQ for each ear independently is a really great feature.  Sure, most people won't get it or won't care, but for those with specific and unique hearing issues, it's awesome.

Edit: I did finally get my phone.  It's awesome.  I also got an email that they were processing my $100 refund.  For those still on the fence, the code "HTC1011" should still work for $100 off at htc.com (wish I'd have known that code when I put in my new order as it would have saved me a huge hassle).

May 13, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #42 of 476
A good read:

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-10-audio-testing-boomsound-evolved?utm_medium=superfeature&utm_campaign=navigation&utm_source=ac

May 13, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #43 of 476
Android Central did the audio quality review of the 10.

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-10-audio-testing-boomsound-evolved

May 13, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #45 of 476

Users who are viewing this thread

Back