New HTC 10--Audio Impressions
May 17, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #62 of 476
received m
  I am not sure what amp they use in this but it can really drive some difficult headphones.

+1. i received mine yesterday, and even without toying with the personalized audio settings, this is clearly the best audio i've ever heard in a phone. compared to the m8 (no slouch itself), it has more low end presence, quieter noise floor and significantly more power--it drives anything i throw at it effortlessly. very detailed. as a phone, it's fine, though i find the interface a bit less intuitive than the m8--things like the side placement of the power button and the physical home button are initially odd. overall, very impressive and well worth the wait.

May 17, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #63 of 476
Playing FLAC files with media monkey(preset normal) on my HTC 10.And it sounds very impressive through headphones and speakers(v moda m100 and B&W 685 S2 ).Highly detailed,great separation and soundstaging, with a overall warm sound sig.

May 17, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #64 of 476
Should be receiving my HTC10 in 2 days. Looking forward to eliminating my DAP when out and about. Maybe even at home!

Hopefully it lives up to the hype!

May 17, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #65 of 476
I'm thinking about purchasing the htc 10 unlocked to avoid all the bloat ware (tmobile) and for those of you who went that route, are there any disadvantages? Also, does the phone include the charger and usb cable. The USA htc reseller doesn't mention this. Thanks.

May 17, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #66 of 476
I'm used to Samsung and bloatware so I had a little learning curve with navigation.And it only came with the quick charger and USB 3.0 cable.No earphones.

May 18, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #68 of 476
Could any owners of the HTC 10 describe its sound signature? I’ve read some articles and reviews that describe it as slightly warming sounding and others as slightly v-shaped. Any comments would be appreciated it as it’s not widely available in my country and so I can’t test it out.

May 18, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #69 of 476
Could any owners of the HTC 10 describe its sound signature? I’ve read some articles and reviews that describe it as slightly warming sounding and others as slightly v-shaped. Any comments would be appreciated it as it’s not widely available in my country and so I can’t test it out.

Playing FLAC files with media monkey on my HTC 10.And it sounds very impressive through headphones and speakers(v moda m100 and B&W 685 S2 ).Highly detailed,great separation and soundstaging, with a overall warm sound sig.
Just got it in Sunday though.Still playing with settings.Poweramp also works great with the phone but I think it's best to jailbreak this phone to get full control of the DAC and amp.Something like rockbox.Hopefully they will make one for the HTC 10.

May 18, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #70 of 476
Thanks, did you buy your phone unlocked?

I got my phone through bell Canada mobile so I am assuming it is locked to them.I will find out.

May 18, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #71 of 476
I'm thinking about purchasing the htc 10 unlocked to avoid all the bloat ware (tmobile) and for those of you who went that route, are there any disadvantages? Also, does the phone include the charger and usb cable. The USA htc reseller doesn't mention this. Thanks.

Yes it's fine I have the USA Unlocked model bought direct from HTC as a pre-order.  It's rooted and enjoying the phone.  I used to be a Sammy and Nexus guy but the lack of easy rooting (Samsung) and the lack of an external SD card (Nexus) has got me to try a different company.  LG was "alright" with my old G3 but so far so good in HTC land!!!

May 20, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #73 of 476

I listened it in t mobile store through youtube(not the best way to test though)......it was warm for sure......it had a lot of air that sounded artificial to me. Regardless, the bass and trebles are sufficient

May 20, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #74 of 476
  I listened it in t mobile store through youtube(not the best way to test though)......it was warm for sure......it had a lot of air that sounded artificial to me. Regardless, the bass and trebles are sufficient

had a week or so to road test mine and i would categorize it as v-shaped--there's definitely an enhanced low end. in contrast to the flatter, more neutral presentation of the s7 (which i actually thought was quite good sq-wise), the htc 10 is much more vibrant and rich-sounding. and much, much louder--it's a genuine pleasure to finally have a mobile capable of driving a wide array of headphones.

May 20, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #75 of 476
Playing FLAC files with media monkey on my HTC 10.And it sounds very impressive through headphones and speakers(v moda m100 and B&W 685 S2 ).Highly detailed,great separation and soundstaging, with a overall warm sound sig.
Just got it in Sunday though.Still playing with settings.Poweramp also works great with the phone but I think it's best to jailbreak this phone to get full control of the DAC and amp.Something like rockbox.Hopefully they will make one for the HTC 10.

had a week or so to road test mine and i would categorize it as v-shaped--there's definitely an enhanced low end. in contrast to the flatter, more neutral presentation of the s7 (which i actually thought was quite good sq-wise), the htc 10 is much more vibrant and rich-sounding. and much, much louder--it's a genuine pleasure to finally have a mobile capable of driving a wide array of headphones.

Thank you both. The HTC 10 sounds like a great phone, but the sound signature is definitely not for me. Especially the enhanced low end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back