New HTC 10--Audio Impressions
Jun 28, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #167 of 476
I only use boomsound with audioprofile on, I leave the Dolby headphone effect off as it alters the sound sig.

I recalibrated my audio profile for my headphone Philips fidelio X1. The HTC 10 sounds dull or less engaging with audio profile off but becomes fun and musical when it is on. I think this is the main objective of audio profile, so you can listen at lower volume and still has the 'perceived loudness' and 'quality' when it's in full volume to prevent hearing damage. That is why it is a bit overwhelming when played at full volume with audio profile on.

Im sorry I really cant put it into words properly as english isnt my first language.

Jun 28, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #168 of 476
Pretty often on switching track or changing position. Also Poweramp 3 volume 10-15% less than Neutron and foobar2000.

I've installed Neutron, but find that Poweramp Alpha has higher volume output than Neutron.

Is there any particular settings i need to enable in Neutron for the higher volume?

Jun 29, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #169 of 476
Depends on settings both players, I suppose. DVC, Audio driver, bits in output, bits in Neutron processing, Resampler, ReGain (my is off), preamp in Neutron (0 by now). Boomsound off.

Jun 29, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #170 of 476
I only use boomsound with audioprofile on, I leave the Dolby headphone effect off as it alters the sound sig.

I recalibrated my audio profile for my headphone Philips fidelio X1. The HTC 10 sounds dull or less engaging with audio profile off but becomes fun and musical when it is on. I think this is the main objective of audio profile, so you can listen at lower volume and still has the 'perceived loudness' and 'quality' when it's in full volume to prevent hearing damage. That is why it is a bit overwhelming when played at full volume with audio profile on.

Im sorry I really cant put it into words properly as english isnt my first language.

I just got my HTC 10 and playing around with it, i feel the same way

Jun 30, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #171 of 476
People ears are different. Audio profile is just to compensate it. Make volume 40-50% and tune your profile. When I made profile at 60% I got it flat. But at 50% I got more bass and less highs because I am still sensitive to highs and my IEMs are little bright. The only thing I want is more bands for tuning Audio profile EQ. Like 10. Good thing it's different for each ear.

Jul 2, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #173 of 476
Also, it seems like Amplifier is disabled? I don't know

Blackplayer has this cool option to toggle the Amplifier On or Off and control the Amp's MDB!
As long as your phone has an AMP of course otherwise the option would be greyed out.

Jul 2, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #174 of 476
  I just got my HTC 10 and playing around with it, i feel the same way

that's why i keep it off :frowning2: well everyone is different hopefully you could get the 'full' power of the amp without turning the boomsound feature on with headphone on. 
  People ears are different. Audio profile is just to compensate it. Make volume 40-50% and tune your profile. When I made profile at 60% I got it flat. But at 50% I got more bass and less highs because I am still sensitive to highs and my IEMs are little bright. The only thing I want is more bands for tuning Audio profile EQ. Like 10. Good thing it's different for each ear.

What I do is I really lower the volume until I can only hear the faintest beep before proceeding to the next, maybe that's why mine was a bit 'boomy' and feels 'claustrophobic'. Though, I just can't make it 'flat' with audio profile that's why I keep it off and I only turn it on only when watching Netflix. 

Jul 2, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #175 of 476
  Also, it seems like Amplifier is disabled? I don't know

Blackplayer has this cool option to toggle the Amplifier On or Off and control the Amp's MDB!
As long as your phone has an AMP of course otherwise the option would be greyed out.

tried it but it just introduced some kind of noise to my iem :frowning2: I'll stick with poweramp alpha for a while I just hate it when it fails playing when in 'hi res mode'

@all

By the way, has anyone of you have a bit of a problem regarding poweramp volume? because when i try to change the volume on poweramp there's somehow a bit of a delay maybe you guys can help :D

Jul 2, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #176 of 476
tried it but it just introduced some kind of noise to my iem :frowning2: I'll stick with poweramp alpha for a while I just hate it when it fails playing when in 'hi res mode'

@all

By the way, has anyone of you have a bit of a problem regarding poweramp volume? because when i try to change the volume on poweramp there's somehow a bit of a delay maybe you guys can help :D

Disable Dvc it's only way.

Jul 2, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #179 of 476
Yes sadly. It's very buggy for HTC 10.
Also be careful for hi red output. It can crash.

damn. oh well I can still live without changing the settings but yeah it's a bummer that there is an volume delay. I experienced it a lot of times already too the crashing, I just restart the app play the song again. Im hoping that poweramp would officially support HTC 10 just like what they did to HTC A9.

Jul 4, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #180 of 476
I am using Neutron by now. There are things I don't understand about its output, but looks like it use hi-res as well (declaring 32-bit output since Android 5.0+). Though not sure. Forum isn't very informative. Neutron gives more energy to the drums section and less neutral than Poweramp in my opinion, but no errors. Be aware: no 30-50-100 steps volume control by keys and make right volume by slider is not easy task, interface is less friendly, also can't show embedded art in files, no art searcher, etc. Still it produces good sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back