New Holo Audio Cyan DAC/AMP: listening impressions and PCM/DSD poll

Would you be more interested in the PCM or DSD module for the Holo Audio Cyan DAC/AMP?

• PCM

• DSD

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 2, 2023 at 12:25 AM Post #271 of 289
not sure what else i could have been referring too... anyway, i'm no longer looking for a dac/amp combo.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 1:22 AM Post #275 of 289
I just realized that the geniuses at Holo decided not to give the Cyan 2 any kind of input selector... Seriously, What?!?

CYAN2-DAC-20231101-3-scaled.jpg

tenor1.gif

Yeah, that's an instant dealbreaker for me. :expressionless:

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #278 of 289
I just realized that the geniuses at Holo decided not to give the Cyan 2 any kind of input selector... Seriously, What?!?

CYAN2-DAC-20231101-3-scaled.jpg

The-big-lebowski-reunion-animated-gifs-15.gif

Yeah, that's an instant dealbreaker for me. :ausdruckslos:
Let's wait and see what the instructions say about how to select the source.
Maybe there is a trick to select the source.
The price is otherwise solid, and I think it's good that you offer it as an entry-level Dac to get a taste of what Holo actually is.
Internal amplification doesn't make much sense, most people who have an Aio will eventually go and buy another amplifier.
I'm curious to see if it can keep up with the Gustard R26.
Personally, an internal streaming function would have been nice.
Holo probably had reasons not to do it or offer it.
But okay, there's the Red, which is still out of stock.

Dec 2, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #281 of 289
You're really going on with this...

The headphone amp came standard with the Cyan. Only the Cyan + optional DSD module didn't have the headphone amp.

Everyone but you think of the original Cyan as DAC/(headphone) amp combo...
You are saying exactly what I said

And repeating what is already there in the screenshot

Anyhoo back to Cyan2

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 10:53 PM Post #282 of 289
You are saying exactly what I said

And repeating what is already there in the screenshot

Anyhoo back to Cyan2
no he is not. @Clemmaster posted that 'the headphone amp came standard with the cyan. only the cyan + optional dsd module didn't have the headphone amp', which is correct. however, a search of the interwebs indicates that the ‘cyan (dsd module no headphone amp)’ did contain the headphone amp, which was disabled. see here and here for details.

it was obvious to the thread starter, to others here and to me that the cyan was primarily a combined dac/head-amp. and it is evident from your posts that you misunderstood that. but rather than acknowledge your mistake, you doubled down in an unconvincing attempt to save face.

as this thread was created for the cyan dac/amp and your interest appears to be in the cyan 2 dac, you could start a thread for it.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #283 of 289
Any information on when @GoldenOne will publish a review and measurements of the device?

Dec 3, 2023 at 6:05 PM Post #284 of 289
Any information on when @GoldenOne will publish a review and measurements of the device?
Whenever I'm able to get my hands on one. Might need to see if I can borrow a unit from a friend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back