New Holo Audio Cyan DAC/AMP: listening impressions and PCM/DSD poll

Would you be more interested in the PCM or DSD module for the Holo Audio Cyan DAC/AMP?

• PCM

• DSD

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nov 8, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #241 of 289
My Holo Audio Cyan sound stopped working a few months ago. There was no warning or sign that it was going to stop working. I got up and tried to start playing. The machine can still read the music, but I believe the amp section has gone out. Has anyone else had this problem?

Note: I have already tried to contact Kitsune about my issue. I never heard back from them. I also would turn the machine off every time I wasn't using it.

Nov 8, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #242 of 289
My Holo Audio Cyan sound stopped working a few months ago. There was no warning or sign that it was going to stop working. I got up and tried to start playing. The machine can still read the music, but I believe the amp section has gone out. Has anyone else had this problem?

Note: I have already tried to contact Kitsune about my issue. I never heard back from them. I also would turn the machine off every time I wasn't using it.

We can send you a replacement unit. No problem. Please contact us again, It's possible the email was overlooked on accident. We would like to take care of this for you.

best
-Tim
KitsuneHiFi

Nov 8, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #243 of 289

Strange, I've not been able to find any sales to Norfolk, Virginia ever, but maybe i'm missing something too, did you purchase directly from our store? if not, i'll need the serial # and can figure this out. Happy to help you out either way. Lets talk soon ok? Contact me directly on the website, and we can get this figured out.

Nov 8, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #244 of 289
Thank you for responding! I knew I should have gone here first. I have sent you a PM.

Nov 12, 2020 at 1:31 AM Post #247 of 289
Mar 27, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #249 of 289
How do you set the Cyan to fixed output to use as a DAC only? I don't have a passthrough option in the menus. Is there a internal switch or something.

Mar 28, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #250 of 289
How do you set the Cyan to fixed output to use as a DAC only? I don't have a passthrough option in the menus. Is there a internal switch or something.
Max out the volume with the output set to line. That's the only way lol

Mar 28, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #251 of 289
Have issue with Holo in general to the use of Tidal. My first was Spring 2. Both models lower the level on windows everytime the track changes. I'm not talking about the volume in the Tidal app just Windows. I'm running Windows 10. I use Apple Music and there's no effect to Windows 10 volume just Tidal. So I'm guessing I'll have same issue when I get my May. It's annoying to have to put Windows volume back to 100 everytime. Anyone have this issue or know how to solve it?

Mar 29, 2021 at 1:54 AM Post #252 of 289
Have issue with Holo in general to the use of Tidal. My first was Spring 2. Both models lower the level on windows everytime the track changes. I'm not talking about the volume in the Tidal app just Windows. I'm running Windows 10. I use Apple Music and there's no effect to Windows 10 volume just Tidal. So I'm guessing I'll have same issue when I get my May. It's annoying to have to put Windows volume back to 100 everytime. Anyone have this issue or know how to solve it?
That sounds.. weird, never had that with mine on Windows..?

Mar 29, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #254 of 289
So I believe I've fixed the volume problem by shutting off loudness normalization. The Windows volume is staying at 100%.

Apr 28, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #255 of 289

We can send you a replacement unit. No problem. Please contact us again, It's possible the email was overlooked on accident. We would like to take care of this for you.

best
-Tim
KitsuneHiFi

@bimmer100 Just wanted to follow-up on this, particularly regarding leaving the Cyan on 24/7. I've had a Spring that I keep on mute/standby 24/7 when I'm not listening to music. For the Cyan though, does the mute function keep everything in a low-power state? Or should I be turning the entire unit off every time I'm done. I would like to protect the amp section of the Cyan, but would like to optimize the R2R DAC by keeping it warmed and ready to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back