New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
Oct 19, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #4,984 of 6,017
Quote:
sigh.. Ms. T said she'll email me when she locates my package.

That was about 8 hours ago -_- 

Did they lose my package?!?! :frowning2: 

Did you not get a tracking code when you mailed it off? Just check that.

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #4,986 of 6,017
Looks like FedEx picked up my package. HiFiMan should be receiving them on 10/23. Can't wait to get my HE-400's back 
beyersmile.png

Oct 20, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #4,987 of 6,017
Still waiting for my he400. Darn.

Oct 20, 2012 at 3:56 AM Post #4,988 of 6,017
Did you not get a tracking code when you mailed it off? Just check that.

I did, it said that it was delivered on the 12th.

I've just been waiting to receive an email saying they received it/ refund my shipping. I guess I'm just becoming impatient now. I just really want to hear how the he-400 should sound like, especially with my newly acquired lyr lol

Oct 20, 2012 at 5:46 AM Post #4,993 of 6,017
Quote:
Same impact, same bass, just seem have my amp a couple of notches higher, I think.

oh ok i was about to start shaking my head at HiFi Man. I'm on my second pair my first pair had an accident from my little one poking a hole in the driver. My second pair in which i received yesterday is a revision 2 that i purchased from a member here on Headfi but i tell you the two same revision HE400's sound nothing alike.

Its actually kinda annoying to say the least...

I will return my just purchased unit from a member here on HeadFi back to HiFi Man since its less the 35 days old and the right driver is breaking up. It just seems that the HE-400 is constantly plaqued with issues no matter what revision people have owned

Oh well glad to have scored a lovely sounding HD650 along with the HE-400..

Oct 20, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #4,994 of 6,017
Quote:
oh ok i was about to start shaking my head at HiFi Man. I'm on my second pair my first pair had an accident from my little one poking a hole in the driver. My second pair in which i received yesterday is a revision 2 that i purchased from a member here on Headfi but i tell you the two same revision HE400's sound nothing alike.

Its actually kinda annoying to say the least...

I will return my just purchased unit from a member here on HeadFi back to HiFi Man since its less the 35 days old and the right driver is breaking up. It just seems that the HE-400 is constantly plaqued with issues no matter what revision people have owned

Oh well glad to have scored a lovely sounding HD650 along with the HE-400..

I would say that they are "plagued with issues." They had a short run of r1 drivers that were problematic on a a brand new design and pulled it and started shipping r2 quickly. R2 was and now is very solid. I admit it was a bad move on their part to try for r3. But production should be fine from here on out. I appreciate the way that they've handled the recall. 

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #4,995 of 6,017
Just wanna clarify. Is the spare pads for he500 the velour pad? I'll just use that when my he400 arrives so ill not buy an extra pad. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back