New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
Oct 5, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #4,606 of 6,017
Thank god for R2's with super duper cabling then 
cool.gif

Oct 5, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #4,607 of 6,017
looks like you missed my post jerg, look back a page please :)

Oct 5, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #4,614 of 6,017
Quote:

Wow! Me thinks you had a part to play in this Jerg, well done! Something tells me they were trying to fix the presence of the sound but made it so it didn't work in all situations. R2 seem to have no real issues though.

EDIT: Reading that post, they have really good customer service as well, amazing how many headphone modders/makers have such stellar service.

Oct 5, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #4,615 of 6,017
Oct 5, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #4,616 of 6,017
Quote:
Wow! Me thinks you had a part to play in this Jerg, well done! Something tells me they were trying to fix the presence of the sound but made it so it didn't work in all situations. R2 seem to have no real issues though.

It's the collective effort of everyone who received the r3 units, I was just helping organize all the responses into something that could be (and indeed was) quickly recognized by Hifiman and Fang. Kudos for them for giving a response so fast though, any other company and the recall announcement would probably take weeks if not months after feedback starts flowing.

Oct 5, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #4,618 of 6,017
Quote:
Get your rear in GEAR! send your r3's back now (assuming they were) and be pleased with R2 :D

Maybe it'll be a r3.5 - the structural integrity of r3 with the non-ringing smoothness of r2? One can dream haha.

Edit: that does seem to be the case; Fang specifies that they "fixed it at a manufacturing level", meaning they didn't revert to rev 2 drivers but instead are sticking with rev 3 just with tweaks to stop the ringing.

Oct 5, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #4,619 of 6,017
Much applause to Hifiman for their quick response and making good on those effected. It's one thing to recognize the problem and give lip service...it's another to actually say that they will stand behind the product and make good.

Commendable... 

Oct 5, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #4,620 of 6,017
Quote:
Get your rear in GEAR! send your r3's back now (assuming they were) and be pleased with R2 :D

I will, once they tell me where to send it and whether or not they're going to reimburse me for shipping. I'm glad I kept the box they shipped it in. Which was taped to hell. Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back