NEW HiBy R4
Apr 20, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #136 of 328
Has it been sold out, or it’s just a placeholder for upcoming availability?
Pretty sure it's just a placeholder. Official YouTube account released a launch video a couple days ago suggesting it was yet to be released. Doesn't look like they're doing preorders or anything.

Apr 20, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #137 of 328
Has it been sold out, or it’s just a placeholder for upcoming availability?
Placeholder. Will release by the end of the month now, moved a bit from mid April. Retailers are still getting em in.

Apr 22, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #139 of 328
1713810841442.png

Hiby R4
4/24, Project Ace bundle gets you 10 bucks off.
https://store.hiby.com/products/hiby-r4

Apr 22, 2024 at 3:44 PM Post #140 of 328
I'm very new to the DAP scene, but not to overall audio (headphones, speakers, amps, etc). I've just recently gotten into IEMs (favorite so far in the budget range are the Kiwi Ears Cadenza) and streaming with lossless over Qobuz - I like Tidal as well but don't like that some albums force Dolby Atmos on my iPhone. Anyway, I am using the official Apple USB-C to 3.5mm amp/dac for all my streaming so far. I would like to separate my listening from my iPhone for a couple reasons: I'm curious about better sound. I'm guessing I'll need new IEMs to really hear a difference here. I do also have a pair of Sony WH1000XM4s and haven't been able to test out LDAC yet (no Apple support) so I would like to get a DAP with that. I also want to have HiRes and CD quality downloaded for offline listening since it uses up huge chunks of data while streaming outside of my home. I also would like to preserve my charging port on my phone, as well as my phone's battery life.

I'm curious about the differences between the new R4 and the R6III. On Amazon US, you can get the R6 III for $425 with a coupon. The R4 is going to be $250 according to all reports. What are the major differences between these two, and is it anything that I will probably notice with my use case of IEMs/XM4s with LDAC over Bluetooth, using Qobuz? I'm not worried about battery life, as I work from home and do most of my listening at my desk and take walks on my lunch break that last no longer than an hour.

Apr 22, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #141 of 328
I'm very new to the DAP scene, but not to overall audio (headphones, speakers, amps, etc). I've just recently gotten into IEMs (favorite so far in the budget range are the Kiwi Ears Cadenza) and streaming with lossless over Qobuz - I like Tidal as well but don't like that some albums force Dolby Atmos on my iPhone. Anyway, I am using the official Apple USB-C to 3.5mm amp/dac for all my streaming so far. I would like to separate my listening from my iPhone for a couple reasons: I'm curious about better sound. I'm guessing I'll need new IEMs to really hear a difference here. I do also have a pair of Sony WH1000XM4s and haven't been able to test out LDAC yet (no Apple support) so I would like to get a DAP with that. I also want to have HiRes and CD quality downloaded for offline listening since it uses up huge chunks of data while streaming outside of my home. I also would like to preserve my charging port on my phone, as well as my phone's battery life.

I'm curious about the differences between the new R4 and the R6III. On Amazon US, you can get the R6 III for $425 with a coupon. The R4 is going to be $250 according to all reports. What are the major differences between these two, and is it anything that I will probably notice with my use case of IEMs/XM4s with LDAC over Bluetooth, using Qobuz? I'm not worried about battery life, as I work from home and do most of my listening at my desk and take walks on my lunch break that last no longer than an hour.
If you're primarily listening with TWS over LDAC you won't hear any differences at all.

Apr 23, 2024 at 3:47 AM Post #144 of 328
Anybody install Apple Music in this and able to stream music from this ?
Any reason why you think it wouldn’t be able to?

I can stream and use Apple Music on my M300 and R6P2 which are both also made by Hiby.

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:15 AM Post #145 of 328

I can stream and use Apple Music on my M300 and R6P2 which are both also made by Hiby.

Recently read somewhere Apple Music Andriod App is not functional if the device is not mainstream i,e DAP - Something to do with Root permission-related, So for those device need a patched APK version which requires a separate download...Earlier those device are working fine but after the regular App update, Apple Music start showing error or something.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 4:39 AM Post #146 of 328
Recently read somewhere Apple Music Andriod App is not functional if the device is not mainstream i,e DAP - Something to do with Root permission-related, So for those device need a patched APK version which requires a separate download...Earlier those device are working fine but after the regular App update, Apple Music start showing error or something.
I believe it was just an issue with other daps where they use a restricted version of the OS like Shanling, whereas Hibys is fully open. I could be wrong though.

Apr 23, 2024 at 5:10 AM Post #147 of 328

Recently I went onto Shanling website to see if there were any upgrades for my M3U and my EC3 Cd player...
Guess what ? they pushed an update for M3, M6, M7, M9 units, just to make Apple Music work... :sweat_smile:

So it seems that it is not so straight forward...

Apr 23, 2024 at 5:11 AM Post #148 of 328
I believe it was just an issue with other daps where they use a restricted version of the OS like Shanling, whereas Hibys is fully open. I could be wrong though.
OK, seems a reasonable explanation :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back