NEW HiBy R4
Apr 23, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #151 of 327
Pre orders are live on their website. I'll wait a little while to see if Amazon US gets a listing.
Remember to use the 10 dollar off coupon if you haven’t used their shop before. $239, even better deal!

Apr 23, 2024 at 5:08 PM Post #154 of 327
Hi, just signed up here to join in with this thread.

I preordered the green R4 and can't wait for it to arrive 🙂
Just stay in this thread don’t keep exploring, guaranteed way to make your wallet a little lighter 🤣

jk, welcome! The Discovery Thread is a great place to start if you like IEMs, but you can kinda talk about whatever there.

Apr 23, 2024 at 6:19 PM Post #155 of 327
Pre orders are live on their website. I'll wait a little while to see if Amazon US gets a listing.
Bummed that orders won't start getting fulfilled until mid-May. Means I have to wait until I return from my summer wandering. Was hoping to take one on my travels!

Apr 23, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #156 of 327
Bummed that orders won't start getting fulfilled until mid-May. Means I have to wait until I return from my summer wandering. Was hoping to take one on my travels!
Damn we really do frequent the same places around here lol. Ask MusicTeck to ship you one when they get it via DHL, 2 days max 😉

Apr 23, 2024 at 7:39 PM Post #157 of 327
Damn we really do frequent the same places around here lol. Ask MusicTeck to ship you one when they get it via DHL, 2 days max 😉
Totally depends when retailers get stock. Could be cutting it pretty close.

And yeah, I do get the feeling that I keep seeing the same virtual faces in the same virtual spaces!

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:07 AM Post #158 of 327
Just put a pre-order in for a green R4 through the HiBy site. Kinda been in the market for a DAP that I can take anywhere, and the cost of entry isn’t so high!

Apr 24, 2024 at 11:26 PM Post #161 of 327
My thoughts on this one:

Apr 24, 2024 at 11:27 PM Post #162 of 327
Anybody have a clue whether those two rear case protrusions serve a function?
The decorative lights and probably hides the wireless antenna

Apr 25, 2024 at 12:12 AM Post #163 of 327
I have the black color on pre-order. Really looking forward to this one and hoping it will become my everyday carry. It seems like there is a lot of great tech and some really unique features for $249. Pretty interested in the 2 separate audio pathways for PCM and DSD as I have a decent amount of DSD files. Not sure any other DAP has that feature. I feel like Hiby is the DAP king right now in price to performance ratio. Packing in a ton of tech and features for really reasonable prices.

Apr 25, 2024 at 7:24 AM Post #165 of 327
image.jpg

Confirming that R4 works perfectly fine with Apple Music. It drives Gaea easily and sounds like a big DAP without relying on DSP and EQ. It does not make the Gaea bright or warmer than how I expect this IEM to sound.

As a side note, this album has some fun stereo mixing tricks going.

I’m still ashamed that I’m listening to Taylor Swift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back