New Here
Nov 8, 2010 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

antistate

New Head-Fier
Ok I stumbled upon this site after researching the Dr. Dre Beat headphones. Needless to say, I won't be buying them. I'm looking for the best headphones I can get for $250, $300 if I have no other choice. I mainly listen to rap, so earphones that specialize in that genre is what I'm interested in. So far, it looks like the Ie8 is the best choice, but I have yet to see it priced below $399.Also, reading through a previous thread it sounds like Ipods aren't very popular here?? I have a 32gb 2cd generation one, and the most irritating thing is that it always randomly changes songs without me manually changing it. It does this constantly so if there are any superior mp3 players out there please mention them to me. Thanks

Nov 8, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #2 of 10
Welcome to Head-fi! If your looking for IEMs, the Monster Turbine Pro Golds are supposed to be very good with hip hop. As to the player question, there are many superior players out there. From what I've heard, the S:flo2 is supposed to be very good. If you're looking for a pretty cheap player, I'd reccommend the Sansa Fuze.  My Fuze has far superior SQ than my Itouch 3rd gen. plus the fuze has a micro sd expansion slot.

Nov 9, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
As far as mp3 players go I'd like one that is around $200 (touch screen) that can expand it's memory. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely look into them.

yeah, the s:flo2 fits that description pretty well. 

Nov 9, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #5 of 10
Ecost sometimes sells the IE8 for $243 shipped. On ebay you can get genuine ones for $280. Verify that the seller is an authorized dealer of sennheiser before you buy. There are a lot of fakes floating around these days. Ipods are very popular still, but these are not normal Ipods. They are usually Ipod Videos heavily modded to sound decent.

Quote:
Ok I stumbled upon this site after researching the Dr. Dre Beat headphones. Needless to say, I won't be buying them. I'm looking for the best headphones I can get for $250, $300 if I have no other choice. I mainly listen to rap, so earphones that specialize in that genre is what I'm interested in. So far, it looks like the Ie8 is the best choice, but I have yet to see it priced below $399.Also, reading through a previous thread it sounds like Ipods aren't very popular here?? I have a 32gb 2cd generation one, and the most irritating thing is that it always randomly changes songs without me manually changing it. It does this constantly so if there are any superior mp3 players out there please mention them to me. Thanks

Nov 9, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #6 of 10
You may have "Shake to Shuffle" turned on (regarding your ipod).

Nov 9, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #8 of 10
Can you expand the memory on the Sony Walkman? I didn't see that it could, which looks like it's only drawback. Thinking of getting the cowon j3, but that doesn't have wifi, which is it's only drawback. Why can't one of these manufacturers just get it right?

I searched for ie8 headphones on ecost, and couldn't find them.

Nov 9, 2010 at 4:54 AM Post #10 of 10
Cowon J3? expandable memory, and has the cowon pedigree of SQ.

IE8 is great for hiphop/rap, especially with some custom sleeves
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back