New here...Apple TV & Sennheiser RS180
Jun 17, 2011 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ktrianta

New Head-Fier
Hi all.  New here to the forum.  New to headphones in general.  I'm prepared to receive some criticism on my setup, as it contains the word "Bose" in it, but hey it does the job, and I got it for free.

I love music.  I mean, more than anything, I love listening to music.  Have always been a fan, but have always just listened to music either through cheap speakers or headphones.  My entire music library is on my computer, and it's rather large!  All 256 kbps and up quality.

I've recently purchased a set of Sennheiser RS180's, and do like them alot.  No wires, pretty damn good sound (compared to what I had before).  But, I'm wondering if I'm getting the most out of them.  So, here is my setup.

1.  Apple TV (2nd gen) running HDMI to my TV (Samsung LCD) for video
2.  Samsung TV running TosLink to my Bose Cinemate GS II for all audio.
3.  I then simply have my RS180's hooked in to my TV via a standard 3.5mm jack
4.  I simply just use the Apple TV for my music through my TV, which sends it to the headphones via the 3.5mm jack.

I know, the Bose Cinemate....I know....but for what I need, it does the job.  I live in a small apartment (quite noisy btw, hence why I use headphones alot).

I'm willing to spend a bit to buy some more equipment (but not a whole new AV receiver!!!!), but is that even worth it?  Will something like a DAC make a big difference?  If so, where would it go?  I'm a bit confined with the Bose I'm guessing, as it only has one TosLink input, and a set of L/R audio inputs.  Even worse, if the TosLink is being used on the Bose, the analog inputs are disabled!!!  

I appreciate any help or advice you can give me.  I come from a technical background, so feel free to use big fancy words where needed =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back