New here and overwhelmed...
Jan 23, 2011 at 3:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mjennens

New Head-Fier
Hello All,
I'm brand new here. I just discovered this site via a thread on Audiokarma. I want to get a pair of headphones, but don't really know how to go about picking a pair. I live in Bismarck, ND, so I don't have the option of auditioning any quality cans; I need to buy on-line. I have a pair of Bose QC-15s which I like quite a bit. I've read that there are better cans for less money, so I'm looking to get a pair. I had a pair of Radio Shack cans made by Koss that I liked too, but the headband wore out. I purchased a pair of Sennheiser HD555s, but they were a little too "muddy" for me. So, I'm looking for a pair of over the ear, sealed phones that aren't muddy, but aren't too bright either. I plan on building an amp for them sometime down the road or using a vintage receiver or integrated amp I have. Most of my listening is out off my computer in either FLAC or WAV through a Creative Labs X-Fi. Is there something out there around $100 new or a recommended used set in the same price range? I do a lot of listening through my speakers as well. They are Dynaco A25s, if that helps with what kind of sound I'm looking for. Also, I listen to 70's rock (not hard rock), jazz, country, and some classical and instrumental.
Any ideas for a headphone noob?
Thanks,
Mike

Jan 23, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #3 of 4
also man, once you find something you like, leave this place and never come back, trust me.....................

Jan 23, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #4 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back