new headphones
Nov 4, 2012 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

caterham09

New Head-Fier
Hi Lately ive been kinda wanting a new pair of headphones to replace my ATH- Anc27b's. Dont get me wrong i like my headphones i just think its time to upgrade. I have decided that i dont want anything with active noise cancelling as it can be distracting for me and i cant get the volume to the correct level without distorting the speakers. 

What i do want though is a pair of cans that i can use anywhere. I listen to a lot of music on the go and really want a pair of headphones that will accomidate that. This doesnt mean i need something super portable because if i did i would look into the in ear buds, I just need something i can drive with a cellphone and a fiio e5. 

I also would prefer them to be close backed but that isnt something completely necessary. If you can sell me on open backs i would probably buy them

The type of music i listen to is pretty mixed (country, rap, classical, r&b, hip hop, pop, techno, rock) so i need something that is going to preform well with any genera. One thing i do like though is bass. I guess you can call me a bit of a basshead (i have 2 12in subs in the back of my car to prove that) but i do want the headphones to preform well in the upper and mid range.

The final thing is that i would like to try and keep the price under $300 as i cant really justify spending any more than that. 
I have heard some people say things about the sennheiser hd 598's, and the shure srh940's but im not really sure.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back