New Headphones
Nov 17, 2008 at 1:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

tjb

New Head-Fier
I've been looking at the Sennheiser HD-595, the Grado Prestige SR 225, and Audio Technica ATH-AD700. I want a pair that I can run with and with out an amp. My price range is from $100-200. I will be hooking them to my computer. I listen to bands like Radiohead, NIN, Modest Mouse, Coldplay, All Time Low, and Mayday Parade. I also listen to some techno every once in a while.
L3000.gif

TJB

Nov 17, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #4 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been looking at the Sennheiser HD-595, the Grado Prestige SR 225, and Audio Technica ATH-AD700. I want a pair that I can run with and with out an amp. My price range is from $100-200. I will be hooking them to my computer. I listen to bands like Radiohead, NIN, Modest Mouse, Coldplay, All Time Low, and Mayday Parade. I also listen to some techno every once in a while.
L3000.gif

TJB

Grado sr60 i hear can be ran well without an amp and is suitable for your rockish style of music.

Nov 17, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #5 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of those three and for that music, I would want to try the SR225.

I'm open for other Ideas. These are just the ones I've been looking at.

Nov 17, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #8 of 27
If you're going to go running with them, the SR-225 might not be what you're looking for. The iGrado sounds pretty good and is much better suited for going out. Also, they're only $50. You could get the iGrado for going out and maybe something else for use at home.

It is OK to have more than one pair of headphones, you know.
wink.gif

Nov 17, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #9 of 27
I listen to a lot of that same music, and I can say that the sr80s are the best for that genre. Especially unamped. I can only assume the sr225 would be better. I also have a pair of sennheiser hd580 which is what i usually use for that genre, but they definitely need an amp.

Nov 17, 2008 at 4:11 AM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're going to go running with them, the SR-225 might not be what you're looking for. The iGrado sounds pretty good and is much better suited for going out. Also, they're only $50. You could get the iGrado for going out and maybe something else for use at home.

It is OK to have more than one pair of headphones, you know.
wink.gif

Yes I know. I have no plan for good portable headphones yet. I listen to music mostly at home and in my pickup.

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

It took me two months but I finally decided to order a pair of headphones... I ordered the Grado Prestige sr225
darthsmile.gif

Smartest move i ever did. Hope you will praise them as i do. I worship them everyday. Have never heard anything like them before. Its just and Pure bliss
rs1smile.gif

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #13 of 27
sorry. got double post AGAIN.

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

It took me two months but I finally decided to order a pair of headphones... I ordered the Grado Prestige sr225
darthsmile.gif

Hey let us know how they sound. How do they carry the base and such. With your kind of music it might not matter so much though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back