New Headphones
Feb 8, 2008 at 3:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

roggae

Head-Fier
hey now. long time reader even longer time lurker here. i am a vinyl listener pretty much. have a music hall 2.1 T/T with the standard tracking cartridge, a belari tube amp. i'm looking for something that would compliment that warm analog sound. i've had a pair of shure e5s for a while, but i'd like to try something different. in the past i have asked this community for advice and i can say the information i received was super helpful. thanks

Feb 8, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #6 of 14
grado sr60s and sr80s come fairly cheap, new and old and are great headphones for the price

otherwise give the sennheiser px100s a shot as well

Feb 8, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by roggae /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wallet is thin. i am a student after 10 years in the workforce. but i can be persuaded.

persuaded- to be moved by argument, entreaty, or expostulation to a belief, position, or course of action.

Great! You're halfway there.
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by quiksliver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
grado sr60s and sr80s come fairly cheap, new and old and are great headphones for the price

otherwise give the sennheiser px100s a shot as well

i'm thinking i'll go try the 80s tomorrow and see what i think....

Feb 8, 2008 at 7:43 AM Post #9 of 14
Let us know how you like them. I've heard that the 80's sound better than the 125's in some cases so don't just buy them thinking they should be much better. If you can find them there, give them a listen as well.

Feb 8, 2008 at 9:32 AM Post #11 of 14
<3 my SR80's w/Flats & LD MK II tube amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back