New headphones of Sennheiser, pics (not HD650)
Jan 21, 2004 at 3:49 PM Post #76 of 127
I think he means the cord coming into the headphone. As long as it doesn't have the damned curled cord the HD280 has 9I hated that thing).

Scott

PS - Will Headroom be carrying those new cans?

Jan 21, 2004 at 11:45 PM Post #79 of 127
Louis,

Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
Tyll Hertsens
HI: How are you? You bring me great hope with your post. I just have a feeling that the angled drivers and new drivers will be a great advance fore the 595. I remember when I had a new pair of AT cans and a month or so later the AT came out with a new can that had angled drivers and the new can was great sounding with a big sound stage. I got in trouble over that one because the first can I posted were great and then sold them in a month to get the new cans and then posted how great the new cans were. LOL.

Yeah. Remember how the Philips HP890 had a wide soundstage due to angled drivers. It is likewise noteworthy that Sony's CD3K/R10s also feature wide soundstage with angled drivers. This is a solution that works. I wonder why so few cans feature its implementation.

Cheers,
Alex
580smile.gif

Jan 22, 2004 at 1:26 AM Post #84 of 127
LTUCCI1924,

don't even think you have to clarify your purchases for others in order to avoid critiscism. just because a thread came up with the topic of the poster being sick of us all saying our new cans are better than the older ones, doesn't mean you have to justify or further clarify yourself to others. what if the 595 is better/different, which it looks to be at the very least? then the poster of the thread i mentioned above will be eating his words. you have every right to look for new and improved sound, and there is absolutely nothing that could ever be wrong with that.

i certainly hope the 595's are better because at that price i'll be getting a pair for my brother on his birthday (two years ago, i bought him the dreaded HD500's, which obviously was the worst headphone purchase i've ever made). i also love reading about your perceptions and reviews regarding all the headphones you've owned in the past...they are very informative and serve this community in a good way.

Jan 22, 2004 at 1:37 AM Post #87 of 127
Thanks for the pic! Going by the more sensitivy and angled drivers (they also mention "advanced" diaphragms on their pages) they could sound markedly better than 590, at least different.. BTW is that driver housing plastic?
Edit: you where faster.. So it is plastic.

Jan 22, 2004 at 1:51 AM Post #89 of 127
Yeah the pads are supposed to be velour on the 555 and the 595. The headband looks like it could be pretty comfy...

-EDIT-

BTW that's a f'n nasty color for the housing.

Jan 22, 2004 at 1:51 AM Post #90 of 127
Sennheiser says they are velour.. They also say they have "Highly constant, compressed cellulose fleece reduces total harmonic distortion" in there somewhere.. They have the information up on their page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back