New headphones, need suggestions!
Dec 4, 2012 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

toMsonsLLC

New Head-Fier
I need some new headphones, so please recommend me a geat pair!

I want to throw away my POS HD-555's only for the fact that they are uncomfortable for my ears (sound quality is good though). Puts far to much pressure on my ears/head, making me unwilling to play games after only 20-30 minutes. Doesn't matter if it has a mic attached of not, just want good comfy headphones with fantastic sound quality that rivals the HD-555's. My brother has the Denon AH-2000's, and they are godly comfortable. It's like putting pillows on your ears. So guys, any info to what I should get?

Price range is $100-$250..

My usage is mostly movies and video games.
Also, over-ear is favored, but it doesn't matter much. On-Ear is fine too.

THANKS,

Top choices:
Denon AH-D1100 Advanced ($200) -- These any good in comparison to the HD-555's, in comfort and in sound quality? Or am I making a mistake?
Ultrasone PRO 550 ($130) -- Honestly don't know jack about both... Just heard good things and... Yea, help! =D

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #2 of 6
Avoid the Denon AH-D1100 as they are bass heavy, murky sounding, and really nothing special.  For that price you are much better of with something like the Sennheiser HD-25-1-ii, Logitech UE6000, or even a SHURE SRH840.

The Sennheiser HD-25-1-ii is an on-ear design so if comfort is an absolute must you may want to avoid those.

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #4 of 6
I use the Beyer DT990 PRemium 32 ohm edition for movies. I enjoy them immensely. They are light, and very very comfy. Do you need closed headphones?

Dec 5, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #6 of 6
Doesn't matter. My environment is controlled.

And those are like $380... Little out of my price range^_^

In what country? They are less than 200 on amazon usually. They even dropped to $150 a month ago but came back up to around $175

EDIT: Wow that's crazy... just looked and they have skyrocketed in price. Ok.

Another option that sounds great but with more flat neutral bass is the Q701. Large velour pads are comfy. 225 on amazon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back