New Headphone Stand
Nov 30, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #137 of 546
Got mine today...the color scheme coincidentally matches with the DT990s perfectly.
beyersmile.png

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #139 of 546
Thought about something like that, but I didn't wanna put holes on these weak walls. That and some headphones need quite a bit of clearance from the wall.

Looks fantastic, btw.

What we all need now is something for wire management. The two right legs of my upper computer desk platform is what I wrap my cable with...

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #140 of 546
I surprised no one went to buy these for a stand and didn't leave with the actual wall mounting bracket and the thinner attachements that would easily let your headphones hang far away from the wall.  Since I don't own this place I'm not punching any holes in the walls, but if it was my house I would have had the whole works in my shopping cart.  Just picked up 3 of them today.  Going to mod one to accommodate the ad700's immense girth.  

Dec 1, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #141 of 546

Quote:
I surprised no one went to buy these for a stand and didn't leave with the actual wall mounting bracket and the thinner attachements that would easily let your headphones hang far away from the wall.  Since I don't own this place I'm not punching any holes in the walls, but if it was my house I would have had the whole works in my shopping cart.  Just picked up 3 of them today.  Going to mod one to accommodate the ad700's immense girth.  

Like many people are going to say... ???? 

Dec 2, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #145 of 546
Received my stands from Rubbermaid's webstore.

Even tho the site shows the newer version, I received the old version which works out for the better because after seeing all these pics, the old version definitely looks better.

However, one stand has the top part tilted about 8 degrees left to right so it kind of suck... but I will use that to hang my earbuds/iems

Dec 7, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #146 of 546
Want to chime in first to thank the OP for this great find and second to offer some tips. I just got back from Home Depot where it took me 20 minutes to find this thing. Not surprisingly, the CSR assumed it was in Garden. I suggested it might be in garage organization. The computer said Storage but I guess my Home Depot recently rearranged stuff so their storage was just a few different sizes of cardboard boxes and dollies. I found it in the front of the store where they have all the showcase items; items not in regular aisles.

There was an end cap of them with different models.

Rubbermaid FastTrack Hose hook 5E12
$9.97

I am using them with my HD600's and to be honest, they are too short. The cable plugs hit/rest on the bottom front of the bottom support. I wish this thing were taller. I supposed it has to do with how much I have the ears extended down. I have a small-to-typical sized noggin so that shouldn't be a factor. I suppose I could collapse the HD600's each time but I don't want to put wear on the band.

Dec 7, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #147 of 546
Or do what everyone else has done who have bigger than average cans, add something to the top where the headband rests to raise the headphone off the ground a little bit.

Dec 7, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #148 of 546
any link on the home depot site where you can order this?

Dec 7, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #149 of 546
Nevermind.. I found it for 10 bucks on amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-5E12-FastTrack-Hose-Hook/dp/B0009J5NUY

Dec 8, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #150 of 546

Quote:
Nevermind.. I found it for 10 bucks on amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-5E12-FastTrack-Hose-Hook/dp/B0009J5NUY

just ordered 2 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back