New Headphone Stand
Nov 19, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #61 of 546
Quote:
Can't you place an order through Amazon.com as opposed to .ca?

Import fees and a lot of places don't ship to Canada. It's generally not worthwhile unless the cost + shipping + $50~ is less than the cost to buy it in Canada. That makes it pointless to buy stuff that's less than $50 usually.

Didn't get to go to Home Depot. I'll go tomorrow, or maybe to Lowe's instead since it's more convenient. 

Nov 19, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #62 of 546

Quote:
Quote:

Import fees and a lot of places don't ship to Canada. It's generally not worthwhile unless the cost + shipping + $50~ is less than the cost to buy it in Canada. That makes it pointless to buy stuff that's less than $50 usually.

Didn't get to go to Home Depot. I'll go tomorrow, or maybe to Lowe's instead since it's more convenient. 

ahh ok, its pretty much the same story here, i just didn't think the added charges would be quite so severe.

Nov 19, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #63 of 546

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ahh ok, its pretty much the same story here, i just didn't think the added charges would be quite so severe.

It's fine with some services like USPS, or if you're lucky. But there's a lot of times it isn't. :frowning2:

Has anyone looked at any similar gardening items that could be used? I don't want to go there and then come back to find another tool would be usable. :)

Nov 19, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #64 of 546
Hey Now,

I found these $0.99 cent roll tape holders at Harbor Freight. They work okay for 99 cents.

I bought half a dozen of 'em, cheap enough. I have one back on the soldering bench, the listening room, the bedroom, 2 in the loft and I am thinking of slapping some wood planks together to make a desktop stand.

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Nov 19, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #65 of 546
Subscribed

(waiting for more pictures of the now infamous Home Depot headphone stand) 
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #67 of 546

Quote:
there's another interesting one from the same rubbermaid line, I wonder how well it would work... or if it would even freestand. It's the fishing rod holder

Woah, I'm intrigued.  Nice cable management there.  Is that padded?

Nov 19, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #69 of 546

Quote:
"infamous Home Depot headphone stand" 

Subscribed too :D
Seems we have a new name for this headphones holders
atsmile.gif

I've been looking something like this to hold my beloved ATH A700 but is difficult here in europe.
BlueFalcon... your Grados looks nice in that holder! but  i was thinking.. how about putting some liquid electrical tape or something like that to cover any sharp edge the holder might have up there?

Nov 20, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #72 of 546
Thanks OP. I got one too :)

For people who are planning to order it online and are interested in saving a couple of bucks - get it from

http://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?Prod_ID=RP091280

Tip: Use the coupon code CLUB42 at the checkout and you'll get a 10% discount :) It comes to ~ $11.50 shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back