New headphone amplifier from Bryston
Oct 9, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #1,232 of 2,442
To me Leben with HD800 should sound OK. But is just estiamation. I don't know HD800 and even are not very much interested in, at this time. Leben has just some particular ease of listen. Music just flow. SS even hi end are more squared in sound. But to be honest it is worth to have both types. As a user of OTL, there are many moment when I need more fast in sound and better precission. And now I strongly look for some good SS. Meybe Corda Classic.. Bryston is very nice amp. But as I do have a pre amp function with my OTL, I do not like to pay extra for this Bryston pre. I just only need headphone amp.

Oct 9, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #1,233 of 2,442
Buy one of the early models that didn't have the pre. There are some for sale from time to time. I sold mine a few weeks ago.

Oct 9, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #1,234 of 2,442
  To me Leben with HD800 should sound OK. But is just estiamation. I don't know HD800 and even are not very much interested in, at this time. Leben has just some particular ease of listen. Music just flow. SS even hi end are more squared in sound. But to be honest it is worth to have both types. As a user of OTL, there are many moment when I need more fast in sound and better precission. And now I strongly look for some good SS. Meybe Corda Classic.. Bryston is very nice amp. But as I do have a pre amp function with my OTL, I do not like to pay extra for this Bryston pre. I just only need headphone amp.

Have you heard or considered the A18 amplifier? That ones also on my list.

Nov 10, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #1,239 of 2,442
Ive had my bh1/bda2/lcd3 for about a year now arminius and I couldn't be happier! 24bit files from the likes of dexter gordon, les morgan, coltrane, & pink floyd sometimes makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. The first cut off friday night in san francisco with di meola, paco, & john m brought tears to my eyes the first time I listened to it....literally. The holographic soundstage with deep lows & smooth highs is truly something to behold.

Nov 10, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #1,241 of 2,442
The hd800 is definitely on my short list. Have you listened to any trance/dubstep/chill music from the likes of moby or submotion orchestra with lcd3's? Some of the low-note booms loosens the wax in my inner ear! :)

Nov 10, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #1,244 of 2,442
Hmmm, I'll have to check-out the AVB music you mentioned.

Anything but his new album Intense

Check out Mirage and Imagine. Also their remix CDs.

Universal Religion Chapter - I like #6 a lot in particular

Also: A State of Trance 500 - CD1 kicks ass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back