New headphone amplifier from Bryston
Jan 20, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #902 of 2,442
Quote:
How do I access private messages?

james

Secret Head-Fi handshake....
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #905 of 2,442
Well I finally got my AH-D7000s back and have been listening to them through the BHA-1. The Denons have never sounded better. This amp really takes control of these phones. The bass is massive yet controlled very tuneful and solid. The midrange is very textural and detailed but fleshy and realistic. The treble is smooth and accurate with no brightness or harshness. So I know that the BHA-1 synergizes very well with the LCD-2 and the AH-D7000. This is a wonderful amp!!

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #906 of 2,442
Quote:
Well I finally got my AH-D7000s back and have been listening to them through the BHA-1. The Denons have never sounded better. This amp really takes control of these phones. The bass is massive yet controlled very tuneful and solid. The midrange is very textural and detailed but fleshy and realistic. The treble is smooth and accurate with no brightness or harshness. So I know that the BHA-1 synergizes very well with the LCD-2 and the AH-D7000. This is a wonderful amp!!

Out of curiosity... are you running single ended or balanced?

Still waiting on mine....

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #909 of 2,442
I managed to audition the BHA 1 with a pair of HD800's and compare both the Rega dac and the Violectric V800.

I found the V800 to be very detailed with a far more expansive sound stage (to my surprise as I was honestly thinking that I would not be able to tell the difference between the two dacs as I tend to be sceptical of aspects of this hobby at times) whilst the Rega was warm delivering more bass impact, I also thought the Rega sounded to congested. My pick of the two dacs I tried would be the V800, although I am not sure how it compares with other higher end dacs.

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #911 of 2,442
Quote:

Got your D7000s back form where Lawton?

I agree the BHA-1 is a great amp and very flexible drive orthos and Denons both very well.

Jan 30, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #913 of 2,442
The W4S DAC-2 is certainly not the DAC I would use the LCD-3 with.  It's a pretty dark DAC.  I found the Metrum Octave and more so the PWD2 a better match.

Jan 30, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #914 of 2,442
Out of curiosity... are you running single ended or balanced?

Still waiting on mine....

Denons are single ended. They sound just killer...really pleased

Got your D7000s back form where Lawton?

I agree the BHA-1 is a great amp and very flexible drive orthos and Denons both very well.

Yes Lawton fixed them for me. Great service and excellent work. I didnt modify them I just had the hinge repaired on one side. That tiny friggin screw fell out and I lost some parts.

Jan 30, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #915 of 2,442
Quote:
The W4S DAC-2 is certainly not the DAC I would use the LCD-3 with.  It's a pretty dark DAC.  I found the Metrum Octave and more so the PWD2 a better match.

I would classify the PS Audio DLIII as a dark/warm dac....the DAC-2 is somewhere in between a brighter DAC like the BDA-1 and the DLIII.  If the PWD2 could only fit in my rig, I might be tempted a little more. That thing is a beast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back