New headphone amplifier from Bryston
Jan 5, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #817 of 2,450
I had a good listen to this amplifier yesterday and I must say it is excellent. I am curious though, once the power switch is flipped on, there is a delay of a second or so after which I can hear a slight click inside and only then the amplifier is really turned on. I assume this is the input switching circuit or perhaps a slight offset usually required by amplifiers operating in pure class A. Would anyone comment on this?

Jan 5, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #818 of 2,450
Quote:
I had a good listen to this amplifier yesterday and I must say it is excellent. I am curious though, once the power switch is flipped on, there is a delay of a second or so after which I can hear a slight click inside and only then the amplifier is really turned on. I assume this is the input switching circuit or perhaps a slight offset usually required by amplifiers operating in pure class A. Would anyone comment on this?

Possibly a relay?  

Jan 5, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #819 of 2,450
Quote:

This would be a relay picking up.
My guess is this delay allows the amp to stabilize before the amp output is connected to your headphones.
I don't see what this has to do with Class A operation.

Jan 5, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #821 of 2,450
As we go along most of the changes just make things easier for production and of course added feature changes such as the Balanced Outputs etc.

james

Balanced output is already included in REV 3

Jan 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #824 of 2,450
@ James, I ordered my BHA-1 with locking mechanism on XLR connectors, i.e. on all five female XLR connectors, but didn’t get it. Now I’ve received two Neutrik Push levers from the distributor via the dealer. I’ve found instructions on how to remove the lever (http://www.neutrik.com/en/support/faq/can-the-latch-of-a-xlr-chassis-connector-be-removed-and-replaced) but I don’t know if I can mount it just by pushing the lever into the XLR connector from the outside. I don’t want to destroy the XLR connectors and thus need to send my BHA-1 back to the dealer/distributor. Any advice?

IMO all BHA-1 should have locking mechanisms on the input XLR connectors at the back. It can be optional for the front connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back