New headphone amplifier from Bryston
Aug 20, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #1,801 of 2,450
  I am curious. If I want to try a tube amp which can improve the sound quality over my BHA-1, which is model can do the job? 

maybe the newly released Schiit Mjolnir 2? =D its a guess though, I've only heard the Mjolnir, not the Mjolnir 2.

Aug 20, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #1,802 of 2,450
  I am curious. If I want to try a tube amp which can improve the sound quality over my BHA-1, which is model can do the job? 

You know I'm a fan of the BH S.E.X, and I hear the Eddie Current Zana Deux is pretty amazing.

Aug 20, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #1,804 of 2,450
  I am curious. If I want to try a tube amp which can improve the sound quality over my BHA-1, which is model can do the job? ​

Actually I owned the BHA-1 for 8 months and though it is a very well built, great sounding and dead silent amp; I actually preferred my Project Ember II over it enough that I decided to sell the BHA-1. With the right tube the Ember is one amazing little amp that won't break the bank.

Aug 21, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #1,805 of 2,450
Actually I owned the BHA-1 for 8 months and though it is a very well built, great sounding and dead silent amp; I actually preferred my Project Ember II over it enough that I decided to sell the BHA-1. With the right tube the Ember is one amazing little amp that won't break the bank.

Tube distortion does seduce, apparently.

Aug 21, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #1,807 of 2,450
Aug 21, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #1,808 of 2,450

Lol. Still waiting for my balanced cables for HD-800/650's.......they're still sucking the dark-side tube amps' teats right now.

Oppo treating you well @ngyu?

whattttt! so you still haven't heard the bryston balanced yet???

Yeah, Oppo is treating me well.... the convenience of the remote, the flashy display, bluetooth.......................... is what I like to say. hahaha. If i'm honest with myself, microdetails are lacking on this setup as opposed to some other setups I've heard, esp with the HD800. However, I haven't had much chances to sit down and really listen to music, so I'm enjoying the convenience of the HA-1 for now. Down the road, I'll probably look more for a no-nonsense end game setup (Gung Multibit/Mjo2?) hahahaha. Time will tell.

Aug 21, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #1,809 of 2,450
Tube distortion does seduce, apparently.

I'm seduced for sure.
atsmile.gif

Aug 21, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #1,810 of 2,450
whattttt! so you still haven't heard the bryston balanced yet???

Yeah, Oppo is treating me well.... the convenience of the remote, the flashy display, bluetooth.......................... is what I like to say. hahaha. If i'm honest with myself, microdetails are lacking on this setup as opposed to some other setups I've heard, esp with the HD800. However, I haven't had much chances to sit down and really listen to music, so I'm enjoying the convenience of the HA-1 for now. Down the road, I'll probably look more for a no-nonsense end game setup (Gung Multibit/Mjo2?) hahahaha. Time will tell.

Yeah I ordered all custom cables for those: 2 for the HD800 and one for the HD 650, so waiting is part of the game. Will be worth it. For now the LCD2.2's are running balanced from the BHA-1 thanks to a Black Dragon from Maestro. Definitely the way to go with this amp as the SE output is not really great for the 300ohm cans.

Get yourself a BH Mainline or EC Zana Deux next - both are supposed to be dripping with microdetail!

Aug 21, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #1,811 of 2,450

Lol. Still waiting for my balanced cables for HD-800/650's.......they're still sucking the dark-side tube amps' teats right now.

That sucks.  Balanced is the only way to go!
Hopefully you get your cables soon.

Just ordered the HE-560's AND a balanced cable.  :)

Mike

Aug 21, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #1,815 of 2,450
That sucks.  Balanced is the only way to go!
Hopefully you get your cables soon.

Just ordered the HE-560's AND a balanced cable.  :)

Mike

Congrats! My only HifiMans are some HE-400's. Was torn between then 560 and LCD2.2's.

Look forward to your impressions!

And finally got a tracking number on the first balanced HD-800 cable. Coming from the US so still a bit to go. Should be a nice one - will up a pic when it gets here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back