New Headphone Amp, Cayin HA-1
Jun 11, 2003 at 2:09 PM Post #61 of 89
Quote:

Originally posted by nashi
Tomcat,
They are available from a German distributor at www.cayin.com. However I sent a message to them through a web form on their site over the weekend and have had no reply yet. You may be able to call them and get a better response.
In any case I am also interested in getting one of these and it might be very useful if a member in China could help as a go between with the company, just to get a line of communication open. Perhaps they could suggest that someone from Spark joins head-fi. I think that has been a big help for ASL from what I see here.

nashi,

Yes, I know about the German distrinbutor, and I have sent them questions aboput the HA-1A as well. No answer since four or five days ago. Actually, with the Chinese price below 300 US-Dollars, I wouldn't want to buy from the German importer. I'd expect his prices to be between 500 and 1000 percent higher. And so far, he has done nothing to market the amp to me or to provide information about it. I don't feel obliged to him in any way.

gainex,

You have a Cantonese friend? Is he in the amplifier shipping business?
wink.gif

Jun 11, 2003 at 3:14 PM Post #62 of 89
Quote:

Originally posted by Tomcat
gainex,

You have a Cantonese friend? Is he in the amplifier shipping business?
wink.gif

yes,i do.i have many cantonese friends in canada..u know ,there are lots of chinese people here,even in my class.
wink.gif
but they are not in this kind of businese..sometime i asked them to purchase some chinese stuffs for me from china ,and they are very helpful.honestly,i bought tons of things from china..even plus shipping fee,they were still cheaper than i bought it in canada..

as far as i knew,many chinese people in Frankfurt too..they are all over the world..can't u find one to help u??

Jun 11, 2003 at 3:33 PM Post #63 of 89
Quote:

Originally posted by Gainex
as far as i knew,many chinese people in Frankfurt too..they are all over the world..can't u find one to help u??

Gainex,

I am trying.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey, a Chinese in Frankfurt might not be much help. As I see it, my best bet is someone in Macau. Or, as nashi suggested, someone working for Spark. Let's hope the people at Spark will react to my online message.

Jun 11, 2003 at 3:36 PM Post #64 of 89
Hello Jazprezzo,

I live in Hong Kong. Where can you uy this amp? At what prize? How do it compare with the Cyber 30. I am now using a Cyber 30 and is very pleased wit it. It is already better than my MG-head (original version) and is also being used as my main speaker amp.

Jun 11, 2003 at 4:10 PM Post #65 of 89
Quote:

Gainex,

I am trying.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey, a Chinese in Frankfurt might not be much help. As I see it, my best bet is someone in Macau. Or, as nashi suggested, someone working for Spark. Let's hope the people at Spark will react to my online message.

u need some good luck...IMO,chinese companies were weak in online businese,and they always miss my message..
frown.gif

that is one of my complains..
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 11, 2003 at 5:21 PM Post #66 of 89
Quote:

Originally posted by andy2667
Hello Jazprezzo,

I live in Hong Kong. Where can you uy this amp? At what prize? How do it compare with the Cyber 30. I am now using a Cyber 30 and is very pleased wit it. It is already better than my MG-head (original version) and is also being used as my main speaker amp.

i've listened cyber 10 in canton, the style of sound is different than spark, the sound is good, but the price is a little bit expensive than spark, and lost the competitive.

Jun 11, 2003 at 6:07 PM Post #67 of 89
Quote:

Tomcat,
They are available from a German distributor at www.cayin.com. However I sent a message to them through a web form on their site over the weekend and have had no reply yet. You may be able to call them and get a better response.
In any case I am also interested in getting one of these and it might be very useful if a member in China could help as a go between with the company, just to get a line of communication open. Perhaps they could suggest that someone from Spark joins head-fi. I think that has been a big help for ASL from what I see here.

Yes ! I can help if need. I'm confuse with the price ! I had know a price from a China Web site simulair to Head-Fi. It is at around China Dollar 1900 but I had Phone to Spark but He quote me 2,490 ! I don't know which is correct ? May be have some discount from Dealers. I also Phone to a Dealers close to our factory but all of them say no stock !

Jun 11, 2003 at 6:22 PM Post #68 of 89
Quote:

Originally posted by Joe Lau
Yes ! I can help if need.

Joe,

This would be most gracious.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd still buy the amp at 2,490 China Dollars. That's 311 US-Dollars, isn't it?

Jun 11, 2003 at 9:35 PM Post #69 of 89
I am just amazed that Joe has stepped in to help communicate with Spark given they are a rival company. Just goes to show what a genuine guy he must be.
If your amps are as honest as you then I might be tempted to buy one.
Thanks

Jun 12, 2003 at 2:29 PM Post #70 of 89
Quote:

I am just amazed that Joe has stepped in to help communicate with Spark given they are a rival company. Just goes to show what a genuine guy he must be.
If your amps are as honest as you then I might be tempted to buy one.
Thanks

Actually ! I'm not help Spark but like to know more our completitor quality & sound. I like to know more and try to improve our prodcuts to more better.

Jun 12, 2003 at 2:31 PM Post #71 of 89
Quote:

Joe,

This would be most gracious.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd still buy the amp at 2,490 China Dollars. That's 311 US-Dollars, isn't it?

May I listen it for a while before ship it ? Oh ! You should add freigh charge.

Jun 12, 2003 at 2:50 PM Post #72 of 89
Quote:

Originally posted by Joe Lau
May I listen it for a while before ship it ? Oh ! You should add freigh charge.

Joe,

Spark's marketing division has responded today: they have sent me the amplifier's specifications and, so far, they have simply ignored my request for purchase.

Therefore, I'd be absolutely delighted if you could buy the amp (220 or - ideally - 230 volts version) and ship it to me! And of course, you may have a look inside and listen to it for a while before you send it to me.

You can send me a private message with the details of your bank account, if you like. And as soon as you know that you can buy the amp, and as soon as you can tell me the price of the amp and the freight cost, I will transfer the sum in HKD to your account.

This would be great! Thank you so much.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 15, 2003 at 1:20 PM Post #73 of 89
Quote:

Originally posted by andy2667
Hello Jazprezzo,

Andy,

You should be able to buy this amp from Top International Electronic who are the owners of Audiospace. Cayin, Duntronic and Houston brands. They are located at 1/F, 151B, Apliu St., Sham Shuii Po, Kowloon, HK. tel: (852) 27811687. The staff there are all quite friendly especially the boss, Peter Lau. In fact, Peter mentioned this head-amp to me about 4 months ago and I saw a prototype picture of it. I have not had a chance to listen to it yet and I hope to do so soon.
BTW, I too have the Cyber 30 and MG Head OTL. I agree with you that the Cyber 30 is better than the Mg Head. I think the Cyber 30 may be able to hold its own against the new Cayin since it is a SET DHT 2A3 amp. The output transformers in the Cyber 30 as used by Opera are also quite good. If you have the chance to try NOS 2A3 like RCA or GE, the sound, especially the mids, is beautiful. The Cyber 30 matches the HD600 quite well and is able to drive the AKG K1000 too.

Jun 15, 2003 at 2:42 PM Post #74 of 89
Quote:

Originally posted by ddriveman
Andy,

You should be able to buy this amp from Top International Electronic who are the owners of Audiospace. Cayin, Duntronic and Houston brands. They are located at 1/F, 151B, Apliu St., Sham Shuii Po, Kowloon, HK. tel: (852) 27811687. The staff there are all quite friendly especially the boss, Peter Lau. In fact, Peter mentioned this head-amp to me about 4 months ago and I saw a prototype picture of it. I have not had a chance to listen to it yet and I hope to do so soon.
BTW, I too have the Cyber 30 and MG Head OTL. I agree with you that the Cyber 30 is better than the Mg Head. I think the Cyber 30 may be able to hold its own against the new Cayin since it is a SET DHT 2A3 amp. The output transformers in the Cyber 30 as used by Opera are also quite good. If you have the chance to try NOS 2A3 like RCA or GE, the sound, especially the mids, is beautiful. The Cyber 30 matches the HD600 quite well and is able to drive the AKG K1000 too.

Top International is OEM buyer of Spark - not owner of Spark. Cayin is brand also belong to Spark not belong to Top !

I'm try to buy from his Distributor close to my factory but He still not answer me until this afternoon.
Mg_head - MG-Head have many version. MG-Head is oldest version. It is difference from MG-Head OTL. MG-Head OTL is better than MG-Head when use with HD600. I also heard Cyber30. It sound good. You may be can compare it with OTL32. It is far better than MG-Head. More solid bass , better high and solid bass , can drive AKG1000 , Can use as Pre-amp.

Jun 15, 2003 at 3:02 PM Post #75 of 89
Hello ddriveman,

Nice to meet Head-fier from HK. My MG-head is the old (original version). It is my first tube gear. Before buying the MG-head, I was reluctant to buy Tube gear having concerns about maintenance, reliability....etc. Being unable to buy an inexpensive headphone amp in HK, I tried the MG-head. Now I am a tube gear proponent. Tube gears can provide good sound at low cost. The Cyber 30 is a good example (an audio bargain especially for a headphone user). I am now using it as my main amp driving a pair of Diatone P-610MB (semi-finished).

Unfortunately, the Cyber 30 is becoming noisy in one channel. I will try to repair it when I have time.

It seems that there are only very limited sources for headphone gears in Hong Kong. When I sourced my HD 600 three years ago, there were only two HI-Fi shops carried it (at HK$3,xxx!). Fortunately, I found a shop in Ap Liu Street carrying it at HK$2150.

As a headphone user in HK, I am disappointed that only very limited shops sell headphones. Even worse, they sell it at a high price. I have searched through HK but cannot find the Sony CD3000. The Audio Technica W1000 & W100 are selling in HK at prices much higher that that in the USA (bearing in mind that HK do not have import Tax! & the shipping cost from Japan to HK should be lower that that from Japan to USA). Although some AKG models are available in HK, they are also more expensive. I can't find the Beyer Dynamic in HK. Therefore, I need to order the DT880 from Germany (Meier Audio).

I think the Headphone market in the Mainland China is much better than that in HK. Lots of Headphone amps available. Through the information from a site in Chinese (similar to the Head-Fi site), I note that all the above mentioned headphones are available in the Mainland China and are at reasonable prices.

I am a budget Hi-Fi/Headphone user. I am now addicted to inexpensive SET tube amp. Where did you buy the AKG1000 and at what price? How do it match with the Cyber 30?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back