New Headphone Amp, Cayin HA-1
May 1, 2003 at 11:09 PM Post #17 of 89
That amp is sooooo good looking! Anyone no of a U.S. distributor? I hope we hear it's not to good so I can stick to my upgrade plan I've got at the moment.

May 1, 2003 at 11:09 PM Post #18 of 89
Quote:

Originally posted by Thump
Its not only a headphone amp and a headphone stand, but its a nightlight, too.

It is very sharp looking.

Don't forget night light also with those tubes behind the lanternesque front window.

May 2, 2003 at 12:13 AM Post #19 of 89
"Sparkaudio" selling same looking in differnce brand like Houston in Hong Kong , TRI (not all model) in Japan , "Spark"in China , Cayin in Germany. May be no distributor in N.A

I translate it from his web site -

Output Impedance : 6¦¸-32¦¸ 33¦¸-64¦¸ 65¦¸-120¦¸ 121¦¸-300¦¸
Output power : 1.9W¡Á2 1.5W¡Á2 1.4W¡Á2 1.3W¡Á2
Input sensitive : 300mV 240mV 220mV 210mV
Frequency response : 25Hz-30kHz 25Hz-30kHz 25Hz-30kHz 25Hz-30kHz
THD : 2% 2% 2% 2%
S/N Ratio : 88dB 90dB 92dB 96dB
Power amp specification
Input impedance : 220K¦¸
Output impedance £º 8¦¸
Output power £º 2.2W¡Á2£¨RMS£©
Input sensitive £º 320mV
Frequency response £º 25Hz-30kHz
THD £º 2%
S/N Ratio £º 80dB
Channel unbalance £º £¼0.5dB
Pre amps specification £º
Input impedance £º 220K¦¸
Frequency response £º 15Hz-40kHz
THD £º 0.8%
Output Voltage£º 2000mV (Max 4000mV)
S/N Ratio £º 82dB
Gain £º 14dB
Power £º AC 220V 50-60Hz
Nett Weight £º 7kg
Dimension £º 130(w)¡Á300(d)¡Á230(h)mm
Disspate Power £º 60W

Oh ! I seen this quality control system :

¿ªÏäºÏ¸ñÂÊ´ïµ½°Ù·ÖÖ®¾ÅÊ®°ËÒÔÉÏ - Open Box pass rate >98%
Is it mean around 2% had problem ? It seem to be not so tighten in quality control level. It is normal for small electronics applicate like Radio , Clock... It Seem to be 1.5 AQL - What is it mean 100 Pcs sample lot - 1 Pcs major problem pass , 2 Major reject ! ( It may have around 2 to 3 Pcs of Minor problem).

May 2, 2003 at 1:21 AM Post #21 of 89
It seem to be just like a Old MG-Head + Pre-amp section ! I think it sound close to MG-head transformers mode but not sure How good is his output transformers ! Good or bad may be depend on output transformers !

May 2, 2003 at 7:49 AM Post #22 of 89
This amp has a very similar inside construction to the Holmes Powell DCT-2. I have four pictures of it and I have compared the two amps...

Nicola

May 2, 2003 at 8:37 AM Post #23 of 89
I guess it may be 12A_7 as Pre-amp. 12A_7 as driver and capacitor coupling to 6BQ5. 6BQ5 loading by a transformer and coupling to a multi output impedance secondary. It sound may be
decent of SET design. Little over sweet on mid. Roll off at high and low a little. It is guess by pictures only.

May 2, 2003 at 8:59 AM Post #24 of 89
Uhhh... I'd like that to be my first home amp... it's simply stunning.

May 2, 2003 at 9:06 AM Post #25 of 89
Here's another one that looks similar and maybe a little classier, GW Labs Cyclops (click on Cyclops). That "eye" shows a spectrograph of the signal.

EL34 based, sounded great while it ran at the SoCal meet but then it died. I didn't have time to formulate any opinion except I wanted to hear more, hopefully others will post their impressions. Apparently a problem with just the review unit

Jun 6, 2003 at 2:04 PM Post #26 of 89
yesterday i went to the factory of spark, my purpose is for listening this little baby, cayin ha-1a. when i went there, the people in the factory was very polite and lead me to a showroom.
in the showroom, there are various cayin machine. but my purpose is not for these, after a moment. one people bring a demo of ha-1a to the room and connect it to a cdp cayin cdt-15a, and a pair of sennheiser hd600.

when everything is ok, i wear the hd600 and test it with the disc of aaron neville - warm your heart. the first expression to me is the sound of this amp much better than my mg-head otl, the soundstage is wide, bass is solid, and the body of music is full, very musical. i feel the hd600 is singing and very happy with the ha-1a. after the aaron neville, i replace the disc to the female voice, the name of the singer i forget, but she is performed with a chinese orchestra, she is singing some tradiontal chinese folk songs. of course, the feeling is same as aaron neville, the sound is very good, i also can see every instrument flowing in the air.
and then i replaced some disc to test, the result, i'm very satisfied for this amp.

riht now, i can tell you, if u planning to buy a mg-head otl, you can try this amp, it's price is also cheaper than the mg-head otl,
u can save money to replace some nos tube.

Jun 7, 2003 at 2:18 AM Post #29 of 89
Quote:

Originally posted by jazpresso
yesterday i went to the factory of spark, my purpose is for listening this little baby, cayin ha-1a. when i went there, the people in the factory was very polite and lead me to a showroom.
in the showroom, there are various cayin machine. but my purpose is not for these, after a moment. one people bring a demo of ha-1a to the room and connect it to a cdp cayin cdt-15a, and a pair of sennheiser hd600.

when everything is ok, i wear the hd600 and test it with the disc of aaron neville - warm your heart. the first expression to me is the sound of this amp much better than my mg-head otl, the soundstage is wide, bass is solid, and the body of music is full, very musical. i feel the hd600 is singing and very happy with the ha-1a. after the aaron neville, i replace the disc to the female voice, the name of the singer i forget, but she is performed with a chinese orchestra, she is singing some tradiontal chinese folk songs. of course, the feeling is same as aaron neville, the sound is very good, i also can see every instrument flowing in the air.
and then i replaced some disc to test, the result, i'm very satisfied for this amp.

riht now, i can tell you, if u planning to buy a mg-head otl, you can try this amp, it's price is also cheaper than the mg-head otl,
u can save money to replace some nos tube.

It may be cheaper than MG-Head OTL if you buy in China ! It will be double as MG-Head OTL when it distribute in other country !

Jun 7, 2003 at 2:20 AM Post #30 of 89
Quote:

Originally posted by Dan H
Thanks for the translation Joe. Good looks do not overcome QA problems!

I think MG-Head OTL Mark II don't have any problem. May be Who can tell me is MG-Head OTL mark II still have any problem ? I like to see more comment even it is a Negative comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back