New Headphone Amp, Cayin HA-1
Jun 8, 2003 at 3:26 PM Post #49 of 89
Looking at their website it appears that the amp is wired for 220 Volts. You may need to do a little home rewiring to use it.

Jun 8, 2003 at 5:16 PM Post #50 of 89
Joe Lau,

Please don't take offense at our liking this amp for its looks. I for one am a big fan of your products. The mg Head/OTL I had was perfect, dead quiet, great sound, very affordable. I would not by any amp without hearing it or without the recommendation of others who should know. The Spark only looks like a million bucks in the photo.

Regards.

Jun 9, 2003 at 1:38 AM Post #51 of 89
Distinctive Audio in Ottawa here sells both Cayin and ASL -
They had a Cayin CD player at the Ottawa meet

I wonder if they have heard of the HA-1...or if they have a price on it. I would ask but I'm "not in the market" for an amp at this moment and I wouldnt want to waste their time. Maybe someone would like to give them a call?

you can pm me for their number

Jun 9, 2003 at 7:14 AM Post #52 of 89
I think this chassis is possible using a PC microtower steel case. It should be cheap and ask a mill to make the faceplate.

I'm very much interested.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 9, 2003 at 2:28 PM Post #53 of 89
Quote:

Originally posted by kentamcolin
Joe Lau,

Please don't take offense at our liking this amp for its looks. I for one am a big fan of your products. The mg Head/OTL I had was perfect, dead quiet, great sound, very affordable. I would not by any amp without hearing it or without the recommendation of others who should know. The Spark only looks like a million bucks in the photo.

Regards.

No ! I had no comment on it quality and look due to I never heard it ! Even I heard it ! I will don't comment on it due to I'm an manufacturer. It is unfair . I only say no one can judge good quality or bad quality by seen 1 sample only. Especially seen in factory. Most factory not open to end user normally , Except they are direct sell to endusers !

Jun 9, 2003 at 3:13 PM Post #54 of 89
Quote:

Originally posted by Joe Lau
No ! I had no comment on it quality and look due to I never heard it ! Even I heard it ! I will don't comment on it due to I'm an manufacturer. It is unfair . I only say no one can judge good quality or bad quality by seen 1 sample only. Especially seen in factory. Most factory not open to end user normally , Except they are direct sell to endusers !

they have services to direct sell the product to end users. if u want, anyone can go to the factory. they have a showroom in the factory and can show u the machine what u want to test.

spark / cayin is a company they have already run for ten years, they have the support from one department of china government. (i forget the name, sorry). they have exprot products to europe, japan, usa, ...etc. and they also have oem for the other company, as many people know, the audiospace, houston (main sell in hong kong), tri (main sell in japan), cayin (main sell in europe).
i think it is unfair to compare it to the other small garage company. in quality, service, many, ...etc

Jun 9, 2003 at 5:56 PM Post #55 of 89
Joe, we know that you can make stellar products, but your own quality control does leave a lot to be desired. There have been a few headfiers that have had trouble in some form with ASL products.

Jun 10, 2003 at 2:08 AM Post #56 of 89
Quote:

Originally posted by Kieran Comito
Joe, we know that you can make stellar products, but your own quality control does leave a lot to be desired. There have been a few headfiers that have had trouble in some form with ASL products.

Yes ! I know it had problem MG-Head OTL in the past. I had sell huge quanity of MG-Head to the world. It only 6 Users registrated to us about Hum and unbalance problem due to I agree to send free gift to them. It is much less than 0.5 AQL.

We have Improve MG-Head OTL to OTL mark II with a Seperated power. I had not receive any complain about it. It is Zero problem now. I like to know is it still any problem on it ?

I can not say ASL Headphone amps quality is good enough ! I will improve it to better. I only say Who can judge "Spark" quality control is good only seen 1 sample ?

Jun 11, 2003 at 1:16 PM Post #57 of 89
Quote:

Originally posted by carlo
Here's another one that looks similar and maybe a little classier, GW Labs Cyclops (click on Cyclops). That "eye" shows a spectrograph of the signal.

EL34 based, sounded great while it ran at the SoCal meet but then it died. I didn't have time to formulate any opinion except I wanted to hear more, hopefully others will post their impressions. Apparently a problem with just the review unit

carlo,

The GW Labs Cyclops uses EL84s, not EL34s, and it uses them in a push-pull topology, and as far as I can see, it doesn't have a headphone jack, or does it? The Cayin HA-1A uses EL84s as well, but just two of them, and obviously in a single-ended triode mode - it has much less output power. And it seems to be designed primarily as a headphone amplifier.

Anyway, I have sent a message to the Spark factory that I'd want to buy one. No response after 24 hours, but I am still hoping.

If any of the Chinese Head-Fiers (jazpresso?) could help me in case Spark refuses to deal with me directly, I'd be eternally grateful.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 11, 2003 at 1:37 PM Post #58 of 89
Tomcat,
They are available from a German distributor at www.cayin.com. However I sent a message to them through a web form on their site over the weekend and have had no reply yet. You may be able to call them and get a better response.
In any case I am also interested in getting one of these and it might be very useful if a member in China could help as a go between with the company, just to get a line of communication open. Perhaps they could suggest that someone from Spark joins head-fi. I think that has been a big help for ASL from what I see here.

Jun 11, 2003 at 1:55 PM Post #60 of 89
Quote:

Originally posted by nashi
Tomcat,
They are available from a German distributor at www.cayin.com. However I sent a message to them through a web form on their site over the weekend and have had no reply yet. You may be able to call them and get a better response.
In any case I am also interested in getting one of these and it might be very useful if a member in China could help as a go between with the company, just to get a line of communication open. Perhaps they could suggest that someone from Spark joins head-fi. I think that has been a big help for ASL from what I see here.

extreme good idea!!the spark products and the brand "cayin" really are my cup of tea!!good quality and cheap price,one more,very cool looking!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

also the other manufacturers from china,like the shaling..T100 cdplayer really cool desigh ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back