New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #1,051 of 1,792
Props on adding a tag that automatically converts Bandcamp links to embeds. Very cool! [This was my 500th post, hooray]
Congratulations!

"Webmaster at the country's largest nonprofit organization"...very cool. I'm thinking either United Way or UNICEF.

Positive note - each "Information" input/textbox doesn't seem to have the 10,000 character limit anymore.

Hopefully the 25 picture upload limit per post will be increased significantly in the future. I'll keep checking on that one so I can update my posts that have at least 25 pictures to them and create new posts that have at least 25 pictures as well.

May 6, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #1,052 of 1,792
Still receiving emails every time someone posts in a thread I'm subscribed to. Even though, every option I've found relating to email notifications is currently turned off.

It doesn't help matters that "Alerts" and "Notifications" have options scattered across multiple locations in your Account Settings. It's impossible to be certain you've found everything with no consolidation for these features.

I feel I HAVE found all the relevant options, which is why I'm disturbed by the flood my Inbox suffers every day.

This is the setting I unchecked and it seemed to work for me.

No Emails.PNG

May 6, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #1,053 of 1,792
Can we please be able to post a YouTube link without it being embedded?

It's very bothersome when I want to share a link with someone (especially in a PM) and I have to turn it into a hyperlink (and on top of that, make it clear that the text is a clickable link by doing things like making it bold and expressly instructing someone to click it) just to keep a giant video from showing up in the conversation. The exasperation multiplies when dealing with multiple links.

May 6, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #1,056 of 1,792
Thanks!!

I was subscribed to it before the update but lost a few of the subscriptions with the change over. I think all is good now and this new update is getting easier to navigate. I would like tot see the pictures that each thread had as it was nice to see how everyone had there toys hooked up.

May 7, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #1,057 of 1,792
I tried to respond to a classified and can't not find a PM link.
Took quite a while to find a way to PM even thru the profile not apparent.

This is crippling the classified in mobile setting if you cannot readily respond to one.

May 7, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #1,058 of 1,792
That tip about how to manually turn off email notifications in the Subscribed page worked like a charm. Thanks.

May 7, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #1,059 of 1,792
A little thing I miss... Before, I could see a list of members and guests that were currently viewing each page. This is a small thing for sure. And I completely understand that some might prefer that this info not be provided. But I found it to be useful and interesting, especially after posting...

May 7, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #1,061 of 1,792
A little thing I miss... Before, I could see a list of members and guests that were currently viewing each page. This is a small thing for sure. And I completely understand that some might prefer that this info not be provided. But I found it to be useful and interesting, especially after posting...

It was good for revealing when the paranoid or vain were lurking in threads, seeing if anybody mentioned them...

May 7, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #1,063 of 1,792
I liked that as well.

I also liked in the thread subscriptions page that you can click on the reply number and see exactly who posted in that particular thread as well as the times they have posted in that particular thread as well...I'll be on the lookout to see if these features will be implemented in the future (if so, awesome).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back