New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #1,067 of 1,792
You drink too much coffee?
If I said energy drinks and Mountain Dew, what would they think? I could use a double shot of espresso, right now. You know where I'm heading.

That made me think of this:

26ufq8k6RuyKjmdTW.gif
62381b5382f953ef780d89a70caae47a.jpg

"What does this have to do with the thread?", some may ask. Well, I believe it's a good representation of how the site update made so many of us feel.

May 8, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #1,071 of 1,792
Nope, I wonder when I, if ever will be Redcarmoose here.

Don't have my email password from 8 years ago. Maybe they will fix the log on someday, so I can log on with my password.

If you lost the password to the email address you used when you first signed up and can't get access to that email account, I'd suggest contacting one of the admins like @joe or @AxelCloris to have your account access restored and associated with one of your current email addresses. (To send a PM, just click Information on the profile, scroll down, and click Start a Private Message.)

May 8, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #1,072 of 1,792
Another problem I seem to have with the new looking site is the fact that the quotes say "click to expand" if they are long. Maybe this is a good idea for on the mobile site but I think there should be an option in settings to always show them in full.

This thread here on the 1st page is such a pain to see all of the pictures now:
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/the-fiio-x3-thread.651769/

You have to click to expand, click to expand, click to expand and so on on all of them! Even if you think it could be hiding several pictures, you often find it is only chopping off a tiny fraction of the image you are already seeing most of. So clicking to expand it wasn't worth it. All of them should just be shown in full.

May 8, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #1,073 of 1,792
I did let Joe know. But I guess they are busy with bigger fish to fry. I'm just being patient that they will get stuff to work. I may message Joe in a month if it still does not work?

Of course I could always make my avatars into offensive images, that always seems to get administrative attention?

Last edited:
May 8, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #1,074 of 1,792
I did let Joe know. But I guess they are busy with bigger fish to fry. I'm just being patient that they will get stuff to work. I may message Joe in a month if it still does not work?

Of course I could always make my avatars into offensive images, that always seems to get administrative attention?

Please check your email and PMs.

May 8, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #1,078 of 1,792
Niiice! I've got 1,204.

well done *golf claps* only 565 here, with work, marriage and school up coming I'm not nearly as active as I used to be! Heck I haven't even heard any of the newest DAPs/ Portable Amps or headphones as of lately >.> the site change has been helpful in showing me how far behind I am in this hobby!

May 8, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #1,079 of 1,792
I never realized total reputation was tracked on the old version of the site until I saw people lamenting the loss of their accumulated reputation in this thread. It's nonetheless nice to see the count restored, after a fashion, on the new platform (I'm currently at 443, if anybody really cares).

Slowly but surely things are coming together. I want to take the opportunity to report a specific cosmetic bug here, where somebody might see it*. In Safari, the bottom nav bar isn't rendering correctly in most places on the site (e.g. this very page). Here's what it's doing:

Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 8.29.09 AM.png

And here's the correct behavior, as it appears in Chrome and Firefox:

Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 8.29.55 AM.png

Conferring with some fellow Head-Fi'ers with a bit of web development savvy, we worked out that Safari is most likely not respecting the site's explicit font selection, instead supplying its own (bolder) font and thus breaking the layout.

Significantly, the layout is not broken on the homepage. This suggests that the solution lies in defining the nav bar font in the manner the homepage does.

*I posted a separate thread in the feedback section; please excuse my reposting it here, since this seems like a more appropriate place for it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back