New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #571 of 1,792
Not sure if this has been asked before, as I cannot search within this thread. Could one of the admins please comment on the security warnings people are getting about visiting this website? Also, any comments as to why many of us struggled with our passwords not working, etc.

Searching within a specific thread is not something that's currently implemented, but it's something that we have on our list. For now, the best method to narrow down your searches is to use the advanced search tool here: https://www.head-fi.org/f/search/14570/?searchform=1&

Are showcase items supposed to be where our reviews are stored? I mean, I can find them manually, but they're not in my profile.

The Classifieds threads needs an urgent overhaul, agree with proedros.

Showcase items are not reviews, but a collection of the items a member has added to the showcase (or the Head Gear section previously). Currently user reviews are not displayed in the profile, but we're looking into a way to add this.

As for classifieds, we know they're not as robust as the old system was and we're working to improve them. Our goal is to have a better classified system than we did previously.

My name is Redcarmoose and I still am not able to log in. Is it possible people are still not able to log in with their original password?

Some users may need to reset their passwords. You can request a password reset from the login page.

I hope the mobile version will be looked at soon since it's pretty much useless on Android. e.g. the "Watched threads" not included in the main menu. The navigation in general needs redesign. We'll see...

We'll be taking a look at the mobile version soon. There are several ideas we have to improve navigation on both mobile and desktop and we're currently looking at implementing those changes. We've made several adjustments since the new site launched already, so hopefully members are finding the UI more comfortable as we integrate these tweaks.

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #574 of 1,792
It appears that head-fi has joined the fray. I wonder what the percent increase of visual space the new site has given over to adverts. I understand that they need to be funded, however, my eyes hurt from the excess and new content designed to sway me to things I have no inclination for. If the site was not such a mess, I might not take it as badly.

I just hate the distractions. I am not from generation ADD so I actually like to read and not be "entertained" by distracting crap glowing and moving around on my screen.

It appears that in an information based society we are constantly being distracted from the actual information by childish ploys to click on the bright shiny thing.

If McCluhan was right and the medium is the message, I am afraid the message has now become don't read, don't think, just buy.

A real site would if they absolutely have to, put the ads on the main pages and NOT have them in thread/post views.
This is like having a circus clown in your office constantly pitching products to you while you try to work.

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #575 of 1,792
In the almost 5 years of been a member for the first time I actually want to say "what the f*ck is this sh!t" and I have tried and purchased so many crappy product but I have never thought I would use such an expression about the forum layout.

As an active member I have the right to express my concern on the new changes, it doesn't make browsing easier, the message simply gets lost.

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #576 of 1,792
I am not fond of it...but I knew how to use the old site, now there's a learning curve and some of the features
are not activated yet...like bumping or closing a for sale item.

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #577 of 1,792
I believe the site is now geared more to social media in that almost every page has "update your status"...ok I'm hungry, sleepy, happy, sad, overjoyed, confused.....oh la, la.......wait I get it..status..."single" no wait "Noble"..now where did that come from...lol...: )
Bring back search and advanced search within a thread and I'll be happy....almost..

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #578 of 1,792
Searching within a specific thread is not something that's currently implemented, but it's something that we have on our list. For now, the best method to narrow down your searches is to use the advanced search tool here: https://www.head-fi.org/f/search/14570/?searchform=1&

Showcase items are not reviews, but a collection of the items a member has added to the showcase (or the Head Gear section previously). Currently user reviews are not displayed in the profile, but we're looking into a way to add this.

As for classifieds, we know they're not as robust as the old system was and we're working to improve them. Our goal is to have a better classified system than we did previously.

Some users may need to reset their passwords. You can request a password reset from the login page.

We'll be taking a look at the mobile version soon. There are several ideas we have to improve navigation on both mobile and desktop and we're currently looking at implementing those changes. We've made several adjustments since the new site launched already, so hopefully members are finding the UI more comfortable as we integrate these tweaks.

How do I add to the showcase? I had a lot of content that got lost,

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #579 of 1,792
I believe the site is now geared more to social media in that almost every page has "update your status"...ok I'm hungry, sleepy, happy, sad, overjoyed, confused.....oh la, la.......wait I get it..status..."single" no wait "Noble"..now where did that come from...lol...: )
Bring back search and advanced search within a thread and I'll be happy....almost..
Perhaps we can start a new trend, using update status for things like, pissed off, frustrated, going mad, etc.

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #582 of 1,792
zp4mELCcvbU.jpg
Well no really it's like coming to work one morning in your Toyota and finding that when you leave work some clown has replaced it with a VW

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #583 of 1,792
I just hate the distractions....
This is like having a circus clown in your office constantly pitching products to you while you try to work.

Ha, well said. So funny and sad (true) at the same time

Damn...it...advertisements are everywhere while I am still trying to learn how to navigate this.

I think the meaning of advertisment is to get people interested in a brand / product. I think an overkill of that same advertisment works the other way around. At least for me it changes interest into aversion that way, and I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one...

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #584 of 1,792
IMG_1552.PNG
Ha, well said. So funny and sad (true) at the same time

I think the meaning of advertisment is to get people interested in a brand / product. I think an overkill of that same advertisment works the other way around. At least for me it changes interest into aversion that way, and I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one...

Exactly, anything that is over doing it on advertising will just make me to automatically turned against it. I prefer the older way of doing this where people can just follow impressions and news about products release or prototype with easier navigation

Just look at those CIEMS flooding my iPad screen...Jeebus

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back