New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #527 of 1,792
Not sure if this has been asked before, as I cannot search within this thread. Could one of the admins please comment on the security warnings people are getting about visiting this website? Also, any comments as to why many of us struggled with our passwords not working, etc.

Apr 27, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #528 of 1,792
Mm...to quickly jump from one section or forum to another, press the small line icon to the left of Home. This will activate the Quick Navigation menu.

Until it is worked out, to get around the file size limit in uploading a photo while preserving the original resolution (without resorting to resizing), upload your photo to Photobucket or similar photo hosting sites, copy direct link and paste it to the photo icon in the BB code above.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #529 of 1,792
I wish that the keys to this website could be handed to everybody who is being nasty about this new design and I wish that they all had to collaborate on a new one. Then we'd see how they like it if there are initial problems with the design and users started ganging up on them from day one without giving them a chance to fix the bugs like what is happening now. Karma, are you listening?

People sure do get meaner when they post online.

I think working as an administrator, as with working in customer service, people forget that they are talking to a human being who has feelings. Nobody likes it when somebody is chewing them out.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #530 of 1,792
Head- Fi has been moving in this direction for awhile, it's not what it was 7 or 8 years ago.

Innocent children grow up, it's commercialized now, incredibly sponsor driven. It is what it is.

It's still a great community, it's just different.

Honestly, I only see the Jerry Harvey Add and a much smaller Noble Audio add, the big one was kinda cool but the sites looking better today than yesterday tbh

ahhh perfect! You guys got the contributor status back up an running!

Any word on helping those of us who lost all their reviews, get them back? I've started to manually upload things, but if you guys are working to restore what was already there. That would be very cool

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #535 of 1,792
Give it a try now. I believe we have it corrected now.

What about the ability to "Mark All Forum Read" or "Mark This Forum Read"? I shouldn't have to read everything to get to the everything read state.....

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #536 of 1,792
What about the ability to "Mark All Forum Read" or "Mark This Forum Read"? I shouldn't have to read everything to get to the everything read state.....

That'd be as easy as adding that option in the bottom of Watched Threads -> All next to Stop Watching Threads and Email Notifications. But hey I'm not writing the code.

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #537 of 1,792
I do like the ability to use BBCode notation in the profile settings. It makes organizing your inventory, and associated URLs much easier. If someone needs to see what items I have, or have listened to, and their associated impressions or reviews, it's all right there, and easy to read.
Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 22.19.10.png

One issue I've found with it though is that YouTube links work 50% of the time. The E12 one displays properly, but then the E7 one at the bottom doesn't for some reason.
Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 22.19.53.png

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #538 of 1,792
I wish that the keys to this website could be handed to everybody who is being nasty about this new design and I wish that they all had to collaborate on a new one. Then we'd see how they like it if there are initial problems with the design and users started ganging up on them from day one without giving them a chance to fix the bugs like what is happening now. Karma, are you listening?

People sure do get meaner when they post online.

I think working as an administrator, as with working in customer service, people forget that they are talking to a human being who has feelings. Nobody likes it when somebody is chewing them out.

I used to do this for a living.....someone screwed up big time. Maybe they screwed up because they did it in a hurry. Maybe they screwed up because they had time and didn't plan well or test enough. Regardless, someone screwed up big time.

Your posts are just as ridiculous as those complaining.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #539 of 1,792
Are showcase items supposed to be where our reviews are stored? I mean, I can find them manually, but they're not in my profile.

The Classifieds threads needs an urgent overhaul, agree with proedros.

Apr 28, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #540 of 1,792
The giant Noble banner was replaced by a tiny one!

Really? Still 25% of my screen on the right on every HF page I visit over here. 25% ain't tiny imo.

The Classifieds threads needs an urgent overhaul, agree with proedros.

+1: the classifieds threads are a complete mess (compared to what it was before) atm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back