New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #466 of 1,792
Based on discrepancies in my post count I discovered that 119 have disappeared into the Memory Hole over the years...

Yep, I mentioned earlier how hundreds of my posts are gone from my post count. (Most likely because they were deleted, which previously did not impact the post count, but now I guess it does.) But I'm not sure what this has to do with what you quoted. (He said the new version of the site is better and I basically asked "How?")

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #467 of 1,792
Does anyone else get security warnings around the security certificate etc, every time a new page opens, warning me not to trust head-fi (they must have heard about the updates) [edit - deleted wink face emoji as it was huge and looked silly!!]

The mobile site is still very much non-functional (and somewhat headache inducing).

In better news, have got myself a lovely selection of wives on the way, not sure if they're bringing their husbands as well, or where they'll fit, as we're a bit pushed for space (what with me and my boyfriend and a smallish apartment). But always happy to help is what I say.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #469 of 1,792
On the mobile site, I cannot tell what is a link and what is text. I find myself just touching all the words to see if it takes me somewhere. Especially on the black box menu that pops up when you press the hamburger button in the top right corner.

And when the words are a link, the text appears tiny on my iPhone 7, so that I have to hit a tiny target

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #470 of 1,792
Does anyone else get security warnings around the security certificate etc, every time a new page opens, warning me not to trust head-fi (they must have heard about the updates)

The mobile site is still very much non-functional (and somewhat headache inducing).

Yep, me too! Behind my pc, but also when I start up the mobile site (which is headache inducing indeed) on my Note 3. According to the (background) information, Head-Fi is now a true hackers paradise.

In the meantime (while writing this) those Wizard design ciems keep kicking my eyeballs from the right corner on every page. Although they look damn pretty, they're really starting to get on my nerves and that's already after a few hours :unamused:

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #471 of 1,792
at least we now have tons of emojis and I can make a description of how people are acting about the update
:grinning: :laughing: :gun: :ok_hand: :middle_finger: :middle_finger:

o wait, the emojis are kinda messed up too, but here is how it should look like
emoji.PNG

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #473 of 1,792
thanks
and @currawong I wasn't here for that, and honestly I'd expect 7 years later that the dev team would have tested it prior to launch. Forward progress is always nice, but repeating mistakes isn't. Obviously you guys know that, on the plus side I do like how the new current threads are listed. The Fade into picture feature is nice!

I've had to do this kind of thing before, myself, so I know the pain involved. Much of it is because the entire forum software has been changed, itself a massive undertaking. For me, I consider it amazing that the site is up at all, and didn't fall apart. More amazing that it loads fast.

Changing forum software sucks, there's no way around that. You get used to knowing where everything is, then suddenly you don't. It's like changing from driving a Toyota to a VW, and every time you go to turn, you put on the wipers instead of the indicator. And What is the cruise control? How the heck do I operate the radio?

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #474 of 1,792
WOW I didnt even knew that it is possible to mess something that much. My user expirience is now at 0%

This site looks like someone just dropped a nuke on it but instead of radiation there are ads... and there are more space taken by ads than there is "information"... just wonderfull... Clap...Clap

Also not even the biggest contributors had any clue that it is going to happen? Im amazed thats the best presentation of money>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>user that i have seen in some time.

And to think that someone was payed to design this site... if it was me im sure my boss would kill me instantly.

Oh and dont even ask how good it looks on 21:9 i cant see Shiit. Till this mess is over im of to other forum... that once i tought was inferior to head-fi... or rather AD-FI.

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #475 of 1,792
*facepalm* I figured out why signatures weren't showing. It was my own doing. See, I noticed that signatures showed in PMs, and I thought that was unnecessary, so I went into my preferences and deselected "Show people's signatures with their messages" because I thought it only applied to PMs...but I hadn't thought of the new terminology. Now, posts are called messages, and private messages are called conversations. :confounded:

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #476 of 1,792
I am confident that the Head-Fi team are working tirelessly to address all the issues caused by the move. I think we should clam down and give them time to sort things out. In the meantime, check out Head-Fi YouTube channel and subscribe. :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/headfi

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #479 of 1,792
...It's like changing from driving a Toyota to a VW, and every time you go to turn, you put on the wipers instead of the indicator. And What is the cruise control? How the heck do I operate the radio?

Yep...we got us a new car indeed :wink:
fred flintstone car.jpg
Well, at least Fred keeps smiling, so maybe so should we...

Apr 27, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #480 of 1,792
I've had to do this kind of thing before, myself, so I know the pain involved. Much of it is because the entire forum software has been changed, itself a massive undertaking. For me, I consider it amazing that the site is up at all, and didn't fall apart. More amazing that it loads fast.

Changing forum software sucks, there's no way around that. You get used to knowing where everything is, then suddenly you don't. It's like changing from driving a Toyota to a VW, and every time you go to turn, you put on the wipers instead of the indicator. And What is the cruise control? How the heck do I operate the radio?

sorry man , but this is BS

only honest statements someone from head-fi could do would be

a) we ****ed it up because
b) we're in it for the money

every other 'quote' about cars and planes and dinosaurs is just pure and utter BS

sorry , but the truth is so upfront it can not be covered with words and semantics

and i now feel likethat all us HF users to the HF owners we are just a way for them to make a dollar off us

a shame. a huge huge shame.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back