New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #421 of 1,792
The new site is far better. I believe the difficulties will be worked out, everybody be patient. One thing I think we can all agree on is the **** AUTO PLAY ADS MUST GO.*** The site already has a ton of ads and that's fine but autoplay ads are crossing a line, especially to an audio enthusiast. Nothing more annoying than doing a recording or something and an autoplay ad starts playing.

as in '''metal is the best music genre of all'' ? grow up kid and see what really happened here and how ****ed everything is

oh and they have DESTROYED the full FS forum , which is a big/vital part of this community

peace.

Apr 27, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #422 of 1,792
this is the way i see it , folks

if Jude&co listen to the 99% complaining/dissaproval and return to the old layout = they respect us as the base of this forum

if they stic to this monstrocity = to me it reads like a huge '**** you, we are here for the dollar and we don't give a damn about what you think/say/want'

cheers

headfi is no longer the place i loved.

Apr 27, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #424 of 1,792
Switching from one forum system to another is a bloody difficult thing to do, even more so in 24 hours or so. And it''ll never turn out totally problem free

The admins have had to go from understanding one forum system intimately to having to deal with another forum environment where they're just getting their feet wet.

Things, I'm sure, will improve, and the old features will be replicated to the best that the new forum framework can accomodate. There may well be improvements on those old features as well.

Yes we are beta or even alpha testers, and to a certain amount we need to suck that up and get on with it.

However, some commentary from the admins or Jude himself would be more than welcome at the moment.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #425 of 1,792
Please disable ads that move. They are awful for eyes and reading. This is a text based forum.

Noble ads on the right. Why are they so big and why do they occupy the space that could be dedicated for the text?

I have two really thick grey lines left and right of the white stripe in the middle, those would be good for ads.

Look at nootebookreiew:

upload_2017-4-27_20-41-29.png

You can clearly see that there is a much better space for ads and it occupies a lot of the screen. The engine used for head-fi is similar, let's stretch the pages and have a stripe with ads on the right like notebook review does. That site is easier on the eyes this way.

Just look how head-fi looks on my display right now...

upload_2017-4-27_20-43-39.png
upload_2017-4-27_20-43-39.png

I mean, you can see there are differences in how much space is used by what and how...

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #426 of 1,792
It would have been nice to have some warning before the forum software switch so that I could have downloaded my classified forum photos.

Yep, all these pics seem to have vanished into the digital twilight zone.
Same goes for 50% of my reviews...luckily I only wrote two :writing_hand::wink:

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #427 of 1,792
I am not too keen right now (I personally was not in the know re the change), but like everything there is a time for tweaking, and a time for adapting, both will happen :)

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #429 of 1,792
Mm..when the migration to Xenforo took place in another forum where I am active took place, there was vocal resistance from the members. It died down once the bugs were quashed and familiarity set in. Give the team behind this a chance to fix it. I am sure they are hard at work.

Keep posting folks.....

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #430 of 1,792
This! I hope this gets fixed. I had 50+ reviews and now there are 19....Really unacceptable.

Actually, the indicator there is misleading, and we're looking to remedy that. The number you're seeing is the number of pieces of gear you added to the Head-Gear section, not the reviews. It lists my Showcase Items as 143, and I haven't reviewed anything (outside of a few tests.)

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #432 of 1,792
as in '''metal is the best music genre of all'' ? grow up kid and see what really happened here and how ****ed everything is

oh and they have DESTROYED the full FS forum , which is a big/vital part of this community

peace.

LOL, metal is the best genre obviously. I do like the new site better, I'm a sucker for pretty things. Once they get everything ironed out I'm sure it'll be fine. I get your upset but you don't need to get personal. I'm plenty grown up, I'm 31 and pay my own way along with my family. I think that makes me an adult by definition. It's day 1, give them time. I highly doubt this is the final version.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #434 of 1,792
΄i hope they fix the FS forums , this is the worse part

no pics
no bump option
no trader feedback shown
can't see the prices
ca't pm the seller directly

this is a nuked area at the moment, please FIX this.

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #435 of 1,792
The functionality needs work and will come. The ads, well, there's an app for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back