NEW! harman/kardon CL by HARMAN headphones unboxing, review to come
Aug 18, 2012 at 12:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

HiFiGuy528

Member of the Trade: Woo Audio
These are brand new from HARMAN.  I like the way they look and it's very comfy.  Take a look and stay tuned for the "shootout" review against the Monster Inspiration & B&W P5.

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #2 of 32
This should be fun!  I doubt it's at the very forefront of out minds, but I'm sure a fair percentage of us are intrigued about this latest trend of square cans.

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #6 of 32
Tried em today at the Apple store.

The Senny Amperiors stole the show for me but my dad liked these. They seemed to be warm and sweet with slight bass elevation, nice clarity and very warm mids making strings sound lush. The design is quirky and they feel funny and weird like they will not be comfy but they were actually.

Aug 19, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #8 of 32
Quote:
I wonder if the BT version sounds the same or better?

I can't possibly imagine it sounding better in any way.  If both your source and the BT version employs AptX, then it might sound okay (even close to the wired version for many people) - but definitely not better.  it's a signal-path thing.

Aug 19, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #11 of 32
Quote:
I was thinking going wired on the BT version.  

Yeah, that's a good call.  I'd go wired by default, but BT when convenient (biking, etc.).  Best of both worlds.

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #12 of 32
I now have the BT as well.  I've been breaking it in for the past two days.  Initial impressions are the BT is much more refined.  Not as forward as the CL as well.  The ear cups are A LOT bigger than the CL and it's over the ear, not on ear like the CL.  Comfort is as good.  Comparison review will come this weekend.

Aug 24, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #13 of 32
Made the jump and bought one at 50% off employee discount.  Will see how the BT holds up.

Aug 24, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #14 of 32
You get 50% off at Apple stores?  Hey my new buddy...
wink.gif

Aug 24, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #15 of 32
A co-worker got the CL model so we tested both on the same music selection. Quick notes: BT isolates noise better due to over the ear design, awkward remote controls causing me to accidently pressing them when I take it on and off, people stares at you thinking What is that on his head, not glasses/sunglasses friendly, no noticeable sound quality difference between wired and wireless usage, yet, great for winter maybe but it's warm as an oven right now.

That being said. I may exchange it for the CL model, on ears design, wired remote, plug into my amp, shades friendly. Bluetooth isn't worth the trade. Wired for life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back