NEW! harman/kardon by HARMAN Classic CL vs. BT shootout video
Aug 23, 2012 at 2:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

HiFiGuy528

Member of the Trade: Woo Audio
If you are at an Apple store and have money in your pocket waiting to be spent on headphones, I hope my shootout video will help you narrow down which harman/kardon headphones to buy.

Aug 23, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #2 of 13
I don't want to spoil the video, but you would say that the one you recommend is the clear winner right?  No question in your mind about it?

Sep 2, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #5 of 13
Well that's the new strategy these days.  Having run out of fresh ideas, and being generally unwilling to spend money on celebrities, b**ches, and hos, old guard manufacturers are reviving the concept of shoving square units where round ones should be.  They were gonna try dodecahedrons, but Monster beat them to that punch with their Vektr.

Sep 3, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #7 of 13
Sep 4, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #10 of 13
How much loss of fidelity (if any) is there going from wired to BT? 

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #12 of 13
Great review; thanks for doing it. My question regards how well the BT blocks out exterior noise vs. the CL. I tried the CL at an Apple store today and was impressed with it in general (also comparing it to the B&W P5), but was also surprised at how well it blocked out exterior noise. Does the BT do a commendable job of that, too? I work in a noisy office environment, and while i have IEMs, i also need something that can be taken off quickly when someone approaches my desk (which can be often).

Mar 21, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #13 of 13
Greetings,

Deciding between the BT and the CL. 

A few quick questions: 

1. Does the microphone cable from the CL work on the BT? 

2. With the regular cable, does the BT microphone work well taking calls?  i know that it fares poorly in bluetooth mode taking calls.  The Cl works great with the cable taking calls. 

3. You mentioned that the BT sounds much better than the CL. 

Yet looking at the review at the Apple Store, the CL gets much higher rating from consumers than the BT.  The Crutchfield reviewer comparing both also preferred the CL audio - both in wired mode.  

So a bit confused.  Would it be accurate to say that the CL is warmer, more organic, more tube like compared to the BT which may be more detailed but less warm? 

Thanks,
UL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back