New Guy Needs IEM's
Mar 3, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #16 of 27
I am very close to buying the Denon AH-C710's for 139 bucks off Amazon.  I know they will be a huge improvement over any headphones I used to own, especially my skull candy.  Opinions?

Mar 3, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #17 of 27

The CC51's are probably a great choice, but after doing a little more research I am willing to pay 140 dollars...  I understand the AH-C710's have great lows, good mids, acceptable highs.  Treble could use work.  Great build quality too.  I hear no completely negative revviews, though I am worried for $140 I could almost start looking at some headphones...  sigh.  Will I regret this purchase or am I simply suffering from buyers regret.  UPS at my door would change my feelings and I know it.

Ah, and Amazon only has five in stock, so lest I wait or pay more through BH, I must act soon.

Mar 3, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #18 of 27
I think the AH-C710 was priced right when they came out - around $80-90 - but the prices have since gone up across the board. I don't really see what makes them worth $140 over stuff like the ECCI PR401 and Fischer Silver Bullet. 

Also, I wouldn't trust the amazon 'low stock' indicator. It's a well-known marketing/sales tool designed to stop you from dropping the item in your cart and forgetting about it.

Mar 4, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #22 of 27
IE7's should arrive Wednesday the 9th if everything goes as planned..  Then I must consider purchasing a FiiO e7 amp for them, and a LOD.  And then I must work my way to true Audiophilism and begin saving for AT HOME STEREO HEADPHONES!  Yeaaa....  These IEM's aren't even here yet and they are getting me hooked.

Sometimes I feel that I'm TOO quick of a learner HA!

Mar 5, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #23 of 27

Quote:

I think that exec- refers to microphonics, not microphones :wink: I don't like microphones in my headphones because they're a dangling thing I'm not going to use and they increase the price of the phones. I don't like microphonics because it is noise gathered by the cable when it rubs against the clothes, etc.

The CC51 have, in my opinion, more microphonics than other meelec models. But since the other meelec models I own have zero microphonics, the CC51 is still well below average :wink:

Sorry, exec-, I don't agree with you: of the many phones I have, Meelec ones have the less microphonic cable. The M11+ has virtually no microphonics even when worn straight down, and CC51 has tolerable microphonics. Nothing to be worried about, in my humble opinion. I'm not the only one who thinks that one of the best characteristics of Meelec products is the cable: sturdy, low mics, even good looking for some people.

The super-fi are a good option at that price, too. I prefer the CC51, but that's because I'm in love with them :wink:

Might have been only me.. but i bought like 5 M9 - for friends and i. We all had the same problems.. so we started using it only at work. i ordered directly from meelec's website.

@Tracon - good job on selecting an earphone ^_^ - why are you getting the E7 over the E5 ? i am just asking because i am considering a portable AMP too..
i just ordered the Phiaton PS200 off amazon and need an amp for amplified bass according to some reviews.. ( i am no basshead ) 

Mar 5, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #24 of 27

Quote:
IE7's should arrive Wednesday the 9th if everything goes as planned..  Then I must consider purchasing a FiiO e7 amp for them, and a LOD.  And then I must work my way to true Audiophilism and begin saving for AT HOME STEREO HEADPHONES!  Yeaaa....  These IEM's aren't even here yet and they are getting me hooked.

actually the Icon Mobile works better with the IE7

Mar 7, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #25 of 27
Hi guys. My Sennheiser IE7 IEM's left the seller facility today and is in transit to the farm.  If everything goes well they will be here by lunch time on Wednesday, otherwise, it could be as late as next Monday.  Either way, I will have plenty to say about them.  More later.

Mar 9, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #26 of 27
IE7's arrived today. First Impressions: some of the most clever product packaging I've seen.  At first the sound just did not impress, but I am finding with every listen they become exponentially better.  Glad I made the purchase.  Thanks Head-Fi.

Mar 10, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #27 of 27

Quote:

This is exactly the sort of thing I was afraid of when the OP started this thread.  But, alas, I guess there's no stopping it.

Congratulations on what I hear (though haven't heard!) are great IEMs.  I was going to get them, but wasn't a fan of the vented bass.  I do, however, own the FIio E7, and have nothing but good things to say about it.  It acts as a beautiful source (great DAC), so I use to amp my headphones and pre-amp my stereo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back