New Grado GR8 In-Ear Earphones!
Aug 28, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #78 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by CB1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice! Please compare them to shure se530, westone 3 and um3x

I second that motion. Why aren't we seeing any unboxing pics??? Michael... c'mon, you know you want to unbox and take pics.

Aug 28, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #81 of 146
Thanks Michael, we appreciate the unboxing pics. Please let us know when you're ready for a review & comparison
smily_headphones1.gif
I understand you're a salesman, so it may be difficult doing an objective comparison, considering you sell all kinds of different brands. Try and be as objective as you can, because we're all at the edge of our seats!

Aug 29, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #82 of 146
Here's a review from Turntable Lab (Grado - GR8 In-Ear Headphones - Turntablelab.com):

the lab review

Grado enters the in-ear market with the GR8. The GR8's feature Grado's renowned quality and top notch sound reproduction as well as a proprietary wide bandwidth moving armature design providing the listener with unsurpassed performance. The small size allows earphone to nestle well within the ear canal, maintaining an excellent air seal for improved bass and reduction of outside noise without causing discomfort. Includes 3 pair ear tips (small, medium, large; proprietary blend of two silicon rubber materials) for a custom fit, 4 ear wax proof cloths, and 2 ear wax proof cloth rings. Recommended.

reviewed by the mgmnt 08/24/2009

<Lab recommended>

The review doesn't say much. In fact, from looking just now, Turntable Lab just copied it from Grado's site... but they must be GR8 if they're recommended at $300.

Aug 29, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #83 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonichedgehog360 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's a review from Turntable Lab (Grado - GR8 In-Ear Headphones - Turntablelab.com):

the lab review

Grado enters the in-ear market with the GR8. The GR8's feature Grado's renowned quality and top notch sound reproduction as well as a proprietary wide bandwidth moving armature design providing the listener with unsurpassed performance. The small size allows earphone to nestle well within the ear canal, maintaining an excellent air seal for improved bass and reduction of outside noise without causing discomfort. Includes 3 pair ear tips (small, medium, large; proprietary blend of two silicon rubber materials) for a custom fit, 4 ear wax proof cloths, and 2 ear wax proof cloth rings. Recommended.

reviewed by the mgmnt 08/24/2009

<Lab recommended>

The review doesn't say much. In fact, from looking just now, Turntable Lab just copied it from Grado's site... but they must be GR8 if they're recommended at $300.

LOL, I certainly hope so

Aug 30, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #85 of 146
Michael, looks like your company got some serious exposure on Engadget! The link on their GR8 article goes to your site. Let's hear some Gr8 reviews. The link to article is below.

Grado takes on the earbud with the GR8

Aug 30, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #87 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by rtimmel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just looked at the unpacking photos. Is there any sort of case?

There was not a case in the box which was surprising but not shocking.

I took the GR8's to the gym yesterday and the held up well, I had a good seal with the medium tips. I was only powering it from my iPhone but they sounded great, once I sit down with an amp I am sure they will be night and day. They feel like the UE11's, can easily be powered by the iPhone but really shine with an amp.

I will have a detailed review shortly. Still trying to get all the other earphones in order to compare.

Aug 31, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #90 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not sure what I find more shocking: that a $300 IEM comes without a case, or that someone's trial run with them was in the gym???

The gym is a great place to test IEMs. Usually kind of loud to test noise reduction. Plenty of movement to test cable noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back